Laptop with GMA900 video card, now any solutions for the resolution without the wire trick?

funny

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here, after searching for a long time about the GMA900, I can't find anything except the wire trick for the resolution to be normal on a widescreen laptop like 1280*800. I've installed jas 10.4.8 mac os x86 intel, but there's only 1024*768. I don't require much, just a better resolution, no QE CI is fine.

I also want to know if I can fix this if I install the 10.4.10 MrRogers x86.

Thanks! I have been confused about all this for a long time.

I soldered the DVI end of a VGA to DVI adapter (with the right genders, reverse from the usual adapter that comes with videocards). I forget what pin it is, and it takes a bit of time to map it out, but IIRC it was a "DCC" pin, second from the right on the DVI side, to the right of the analog cross thing (fourth pin on the top counting the pins atop the cross).

There was something about loading Windows and rebooting into OS X working....essentially it needs something to allocate the RAM for the integrated video because OS X doesn't know how to. Perhaps someone could figure out how that works, make a linux system that does it and then collapses back to the bootloader to load OS X.

In the end, GMA900 is old, and GMA950 works. nVidia works. Some ATI works I think. GMAx3100 should work soon. People won't care.

1. No. This is a hardware problem, and fixing it would need a special GMA900 driver (access to the source code or making a new driver specifically for it). This won't happen since people don't care about GMA900 anymore.

2. No.

3. No, there's a special thread for it somewhere on the forums here.