Belkin Network USB Hub not coming to the Mac?

Ed

7 posts in this topic

Belkin_Network_USB_Front.jpg

Despite reports to the contrary, Belkin's Network USB Hub, which enables the sharing of up to fifteen USB 2 devices over a wired or wireless network, may not be coming to the Mac after all.

Upon contacting Belkin to find out why the previously promised Mac drivers weren't delivered at the end of September, InsanelyMac received the following response from a Belkin representative:

Dear Sir

Thank you for choosing Belkin.

In regards to your question there is no future plans to make [the Belkin Network USB Hub] Mac compatible

All the Best

Belkin Customer Service

If you believe that this fantastic piece of equipment should be brought to the Mac, have your say here. The device even shares the same dimensions and style as Apple's current AirPort Extreme base station. Come on Belkin, sort it out!

... Belkin's Network USB Hub, which enables the sharing of up to fifteen USB 2 devices over a wired or wireless network...

It's a shame only one computer can connect to a USB device at a time. It would have been nice if it allowed dongles to be shared across multiple computers.

This is absolutely false. The Beta driver for the Macintosh is posted here:

http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid...8547&scid=1

Can you tell me which tech support number or email address you contacted for this information? I would like to correct them.

Thanks,

A Belkin employee

Thank god we have people in the know that check out this place - i otherwise would have had a complaint comment, now i am happy and this device will go on my birthday list.

This is actually fairly common in the 'tech' industry. One tech is in the dark about something while other techs are fully enlightened. We see it a lot at companies like Garmin. I'm not sure why it happens though. You'd think they would all get the same training. Apparently some are texting their friends in class while others are paying attention to the instructor :P

This is actually fairly common in the 'tech' industry. One tech is in the dark about something while other techs are fully enlightened. We see it a lot at companies like Garmin. I'm not sure why it happens though. You'd think they would all get the same training. Apparently some are texting their friends in class while others are paying attention to the instructor :D

Maybe its the ones texting that are in the know... their friends could be in the macintosh department :P