TV out and front row.

com3

6 posts in this topic

I have just bought a tv out tuner for my MBP, I was just wondering if i could play videos (Full screen) on the TV? everytime i do so using Front row or Quicktime it opens the video on the laptop rather than the TV. The only program that works full screen on the tv is Miro but i cant control it with the apple remote. is there a way of getting front row to work on the TV when the cable is connected?

regards

I do the same thing on my iMac, you'll have to either clone the signal of your MacBook Pro monitor to the TV or make the TV the primary screen (temporary). This is all possible in the Displays preference pane in System Preferences. :(

So if I want to watch TV Shows on my TV I drag the menubar temporary to the TV to make it primary. This way it's possible to use your remote to watch TV. :(

• 2 months later...

This is kinda a late response, but the f7 key on the macbook and the powerbook switch to mirror mode. This is a quicker way of doing what you want to do, no messing with system preferences, and I assume the keyboard shortcut is the same for MBP. If not, look for a key on the keyboard that has two rectangles on top of each other.

• 1 year later...
I have just bought a tv out tuner for my MBP, I was just wondering if i could play videos (Full screen) on the TV? everytime i do so using Front row or Quicktime it opens the video on the laptop rather than the TV. The only program that works full screen on the tv is Miro but i cant control it with the apple remote. is there a way of getting front row to work on the TV when the cable is connected?

regards

In quicktime 7 choose View > Present Movie

You will see two displays, select the second

From now on quicktime will play on the second screen with full control

Note: this option does not appear until you have the second display plugged into your laptop or iMac.

Front row runs best on your primary display by design.