*** GeForce 8800 G80 ONLY - Easy Installer & Tutorial ***

mac.nub

316 posts in this topic

Does this installer and method of getting the 8800gts 640mb to work with qe/ci change anything on the card itself? for example, does it flash the card with a new bios/flash? or does it simply install a kext for the card in the osX system and then tricks the system into using the card?

I'd like to get a clear answer as to whether or not this installer modifies my card in any way, or if it just changes my osX installation to be able to use the card as it is.

Thank you!

hankbaskett - Some cards seem to show the wrong values in system profiler for some reason, what does OpenGl Extensions Viewer for VRAM, sometimes only the correct amount is displayed in that?

bigosx86noob - If you have a DVI Monitor, DVI Card, and DVI cable, you will not need to hotplug, simply plug the cable into the DVI slot on the card nearest the motherboard!

tokra128 - If you have a VGA monitor and/or are using a DVI to VGA adapter, then yes. If you have a DVI monitor, and plug the DVI cable into the DVI slot on your card nearest the motherboard, then no, you do not need to unplug. Currently the only way to change the resolution is by using DVI, not having to hotplug, and by using the method shown here (read my reply to ampersAnd), you can not change it as you would normally via System Preferences.

PinkPink & egarim - I believe gotoh is/will be working on these cards, I am not part of the active development of the kexts/drivers, what I have done is packaged them for easy installation and modified a few files so they work on AMD Systems, and nForce motherboards. Check his thread for updates/questions about your card, when/if he gets your cards working, they will be added to the easy-installer.

~mac.nub

i have a little problem , i´m using osx86 in version 10.4.9 with speedstep , 10.4.10 and leopard .

on leo and 10.4.10 all is working with the latest installer without hotplug , but my 10.4.9 always ends in blue screen .

i have deleted all kext´s from nvidia and reinstall (because i´m not sure if i have edit kexts before) but the unedited kexts give no better result ....

i want to use the 10.4.9 because i want speedstep ^^ .....

my hardware is :

CPU : Intel c2d E6600

MB: Abit AW9D (intel x975i)

GK : NV GF8 8800GTS Sparkle SPPX88GTS/320M

Monitor: HANNS.G HU196D on DVI nearest to motherboard

some tips ???

regards

Jean Jaques Burton :(

@Mac.Nub

wwoooww...man

it works great with my "XFX 8800GTS 640MB" and TFT Dell 2005FPW DVI

- QE/CI enabled

- 1680x1050 resolution and i even can change in every resolution my display suporrts :)

- dont need to hotplug

- dvi support

what can i say....im sooo happy that you made it :)

the way i did it:

1. downloaded the driver "G80_installer" -> 1.0.1, NVinject version: 0.0.10c

2. opened the zip and double clicked on the installer

3. in the installer had to chosse "AMD/Nforce Fix" + "8800GTS 640MB"

4. Reboot

5. all worked fine....didnt had to change anything :)

i have the 10.4.9 version with 8.8.1 kernel....before choosing the "AMD/Nforce Fix" i had kernel panic with "NVDAResman.kext" !!!

without the fix i had to remove every time "NVDAResman.kext" with -s -v that i can boot!

so i want to thanks Mac.Nub and his Co. for investing time to make the driver work.....THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH...YOU ARE THE BEST :D

post-38594-1192213360_thumb.jpg

mogre1 - No, this driver will not be of any use to you yet, your card is currently unsupported. Check out gotoh's thread regularly to see if there are any updates for your card... His thread is here

kuntz - No, unfortunately, and I know of no driver that will work for you, sorry.

TsubakiSama - Glad it works, if/when a resolution fix is released, i'll be sure to update the installer to include it ;)

cacak333 - No problem, glad it all worked out for you in the end!

~mac.nub

PS. Just to re-itterate the point... Please do not ask questions about if any 8x00 cards apart from the 8800 Series work, simply the answer is no... if/when they do, I will be sure to update my post, and the easy-installer with the required files!

i have now installed the driver and would like to thanks everyone who worked on it. you guys did a great job!

im having a problem though. i cant change my resolution evan when i add that line in the terminal. also my dock is slighty off the bottom of the screen but i think that has to do with the resolution. would this change if i used a dvi cable?

any ideas of what i should do?

thanks in advance

i have now installed the driver and would like to thanks everyone who worked on it. you guys did a great job!

im having a problem though. i cant change my resolution evan when i add that line in the terminal. also my dock is slighty off the bottom of the screen but i think that has to do with the resolution. would this change if i used a dvi cable?

any ideas of what i should do?

thanks in advance

This problems happens to people who have a VGA monitor or got their monitor hooked up via VGA, resolution change works perfectly with DVI.

It was working great. For whatever reason, with one monitor in the primary DVI connector, accessing the display properties would appear to freeze the system. As mentioned above, adding a 2nd display fixes that. After adding a 2nd display, i went into the display properties and right away it popped up on the 2nd screen. I had to calibrate cause I gotta have the TV gamma setting. Calibrating only affected one monitor. i rebooted for whatever reason and I the 2nd monitor did not initialize after booting into OSX. And the primar monitor just got to a blue back ground screen.

So close.

Some of us are using VGA because that's all their monitor supports...

I don't really see a dire need to spend cash on a new monitor when this one works great with everything but this driver.

This little 17" LCD is all I need... so yeah.

I like my 20" VGA only monitor as well though I might get forced to get a new one now since it's a pain in the ass to run OSX in 1360x768 only when it's supposed to be in 1680x1050 also I can't run any games or any applications that changes resolutions so I had to setup World of Warcraft to run in windowed mode otherwise it wouldn't have worked :P

EDIT : Can't even play C&C 3 now damn...

Some of us are using VGA because that's all their monitor supports...

I don't really see a dire need to spend cash on a new monitor when this one works great with everything but this driver.

This little 17" LCD is all I need... so yeah.

I was primarily talking about CRT monitors users, in-case you didn't catch the jist of my response :P

Though, in regards to LCD users with VGA, 19/21" LCD monitors with DVI over in the UK cost as little as £129 nowadays, which is about $200 or so. There are a few really good makes that include DVI, such has HANNS-G.

IkariGend - Are you sure you selected the correct memory amount from the installer? - Someone else mentioned that they also had the wrong amount shown in the profiler after install... what does it say when you run OpenGl Extensions Viewer for VRAM, sometimes only the correct ammount is displayed in that?

~mac.nub

Thanks windows-setup for messing up my MBR. ;)

So I had to do a new clean 10.4.10 install. I checked 3 times (just to be sure) if i had selected 320MB and installed it. Again everything worked fine. Only the System-Profiler says 256MB. So i checked OpenGL Extensions Viewer which reports 320MB. :D

I think I can live with that! ;)

post-109237-1192287383_thumb.png