EASY NATIVE MAC OS X INSTALL FOR X86 PC!

macosx1010

4 posts in this topic

WARNING!! BE SURE YOU USE A BLANK HARD DRIVE OR HAVE YOUR FILES BACKED UP. YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA ON THE DRIVE THAT YOU APPLY THIS TO.

1. Boot off Mac OS X 10.4.06 DVD

2. Click Utilities -->Disk Util-->Highlight drive and partition Mac OS Journaled for the 1st partition then close disk utility.

3. Run the install as custom and chose drivers that pertain to your system.

4. Once install completes shut it down and swap the Mac OS X CD for a Linux Live CD.

5. oce you are in the Linux OS set disk flag to Boot.

6. Remove Linux CD and rboot an you hav a working Mac OS X on your x86 PC.

WARNING!! DO NOT RUN SYSTEM UPDATES I WILL KILL THE INSTALL.

It took a lot of trial and error to find the easiest way to do this. If you wnat to multipe boot then, there are easy ways to do that as well.

Ron (zRUNNERz)

WARNING!! BE SURE YOU USE A BLANK HARD DRIVE OR HAVE YOUR FILES BACKED UP. YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA ON THE DRIVE THAT YOU APPLY THIS TO.

1. Boot off Mac OS X 10.4.06 DVD

2. Click Utilities -->Disk Util-->Highlight drive and partition Mac OS Journaled for the 1st partition then close disk utility.

3. Run the install as custom and chose drivers that pertain to your system.

4. Once install completes shut it down and swap the Mac OS X CD for a Linux Live CD.

5. oce you are in the Linux OS set disk flag to Boot.

6. Remove Linux CD and rboot an you hav a working Mac OS X on your x86 PC.

WARNING!! DO NOT RUN SYSTEM UPDATES I WILL KILL THE INSTALL.

It took a lot of trial and error to find the easiest way to do this. If you wnat to multipe boot then, there are easy ways to do that as well.

Ron (zRUNNERz)

Hey.

Thanks for the information!

Where do I get a Mac OS X 10.4.06 DVD and a Linux Live CD from? Will this work with any other version of the Mac OS X install dvd?

After the install, did Mac OS X run perfectly and smooth like you were running a Mac itself?

Did you have all your x86 drivers working?

Thanks!

DS

Wow, it's like we're starting from scratch again here...;)

You guys obviously haven't looked around the forum much hey? Yes it's for real, yes everything works... I recommend at least a 10.4.8 dvd these days...better results!

Let me give you a hint...GENIUS BAR :P (don't worry, we were all there once)