SMS your Emails?

5 posts in this topic

I would like to have a system where let's say when I receive a email on a gmail (or some other) account, I get an sms version of the email. Or at the very least an sms of the subject title letting me know if I should ignore it or log on the net to read it.

So many times I've missed crucial stuff. Sometimes it's ebay bids, other times it's things friends have wanted me to send and so on. I just thought by now there should be a solution to this. I remember hearing my old ISP (Freeserve) 6 years ago had a system where they sent you a notification but I think they charged. These days you can get free sms from a list of websites and I'm hoping someone has been able to link this with emails.

The only other solution is to buy a £8 data rate plan for my N95 and have my gmails be forwarded using push email. I don't really have much idea as to what push email does or how it works or how this will work on my N95 but I've been told it all can. I'm hoping not to have to pay £8 for a crappy data rate service (seriously I would pay £8 easily if you could use the rubbish when you wanted to but no, it decides when it lets you and when it doesn't).

TeleFlip seems interesting, although i'm not sure I can use it as it says "Get and send email on your US cell phone" and I'm in the UK. Also it says "* Standard text messaging rates apply. Other charges may apply" and I was hoping the text messages were free or would come out of my free monthly allowances. I'm not sure if it does. The worry is if I try it and I get a lot of emails them there is a chance I'll be charged bucket loads that month.

I'll guess I'll look into it a little more. Thanks a lot for your help though.