OS x Maxi Install DVD

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

i made a big mistake. I tried to update my sisters hackintosch. And now i can not reinstall jAs osx cause my dvd is defekt. But that is not really important. :D

I am still using a MacBook. But before several time ago i had a Hackintosch. (Now my sister gets a new one. I am proud of it^^) I made a lot of stuff to install my hardware and it was not easy. So I often thought, that someone should crate a Maxi OSx Installdist. I already created a own install Dist once and added my own drivers ... . But for a normal User ist is not easy to unserstand the system. (driver hacks. ...) So why do we not create a Maxi install DVD ? Maybe with a Doubble Layer row? Maybe with OS x 10.5 ? There are already ways to install it on normal PC. I want to create a "Maxi DVD" I already created a bootable os x 10.5 DVD but I am still waiting for the final relese to add all final components.

So my question now ... IS THERE A DRIVER AND HACK LIBRARY so I can add all Hacks?

And by the way ... How can I isntall my sisters Floppy Disk to OSx? JaS 10.7

Maybe this is a n00b question but what is a "Maxi DVD"? Is it a DVD with all the patches and drivers known to OSx86? And by Doubble Layer row do you mean Dual Layer DVD? And what do you mean by install floppy disk to OSx?

Need lots and lots of clarification...

:D

pcwiz

There are hundreds of drivers and even if you did manage to fit them all on one disc, it would be a pain to sort through them. I have no clue how to do it or even if you can fit all those drivers.

Apple stopped including floppy drives with Macs a LONG time ago. There is a driver for official floppy drives that came with older macs to make them work with OS X (http://www.darwin-development.org/floppy/) but the drivers are PPC only and only work with old macs.

So, bottom line you can't get your floppy drive to work with OS X.

Hope this clarifys things

pcwiz