I've got a problem.

LUCASCCC

4 posts in this topic

Hi!, I've succesfully installed mi Mac OS X 1.4.8 in mi AMD 3000+ Core Venice. But there's a problem. I wanted to install iWork 8 but it asked me for the 10.4.10 version, so i updated using the Software update Wizard, the download finished, and while it was finishing the installation i opened the dashboard and when i closed it there was only the desktop whitout any icon or anything and nothing happened.

So, i rebooted mi PC, (I use darwin boot loader), and it asked me to reboot the computer. I did, and obviously the same thing happened.

Then I remembered something, and it's that when the 10.4.10 was downloading it said " Mac 0sx 10.4.10 (INTEL)". So, i think that's the problem, that i wanted to install a Intel Version in mi PC, but, how can I fix it?

For more info, I'm using a AMD 3000+ Core venice on a ASUS a8v-e se MB with a 7300 Geforce LE and 1GB Corsair Ram. I have 3 partitions, 1 for windows, 1 for mac, and for the rest of the files.

Thanks.

Well my friend I'm very sorry about your Kernal panic and the reason is because your not suppose to update with Software update, now there are ways to update using software update but additional steps are needed. Now u also said that u have an AMD processor meaning you need special packages to update your PC look around these forums for Tubgirl's 10.4.10 AMD update or google it. Hope this information will be found useful to you and have a good day. :)