Keep MBP 2.2 NEW LED (4 weeks old), sell or?

RedSox

9 posts in this topic

In theory, I can throw a lot of plug ins at it with no problem....

But am wondering if the 2x2 cores will find them selves onto the new MBP before Christmas and since I work at Apple, I get a decent discount, and could buy a 2.8 Imac which is useful for plug ins but not for raiding two external HD's via FIRMTECK eSATA, or do I just hold on? Seem powerful, driving a external monitor and KEYBOARD, and cousin works at adonbe, so would sell with FCP, LOGIC 8, Adobe Suite for some easy money.

Not sure what to do. Love the lightness of it though - and the LED are fairly new.

Peace

What would you do.

:)

Or build a great HACK once Leopard comes out and is solved? What's the fastest CPU duo core and cost? best mobo? Have a GOOD CARD on my old hack and never use it, should sell the GPU as its dual DVI and works great on the hack,

Yeah, especially with the 25% off on one system per year they get.

It depends on the area - for example, there where no APPLE dicounts on the MBP, I just happened to get one one day old (returned next day for a glossy, so they marked it down 1799, then took of another 15%, so I guess thats 25. LOL.

Anyway the point being not all systems are listed for the EPP Employee Purchase Program.

The software is the best deal. Major savings there.

Also a new FCP coming....very APPLE ish.

Anyway the point being not all systems are listed for the EPP Employee Purchase Program.

I know, but they all are eventually. I bought my PowerBook before it was available for employee purchase, and I paid full price. It wasn't available for the employee discount for over 6 months, because it was the first 15" aluminum, and people had been waiting for those to come out for 9 months (the 12" and 17" were released in early January. The 15" in late September). Basically any major updates won't be available for a little while if they expect high demand, but most things are available pretty soon after release.

I know, but they all are eventually. I bought my PowerBook before it was available for employee purchase, and I paid full price. It wasn't available for the employee discount for over 6 months, because it was the first 15" aluminum, and people had been waiting for those to come out for 9 months (the 12" and 17" were released in early January. The 15" in late September). Basically any major updates won't be available for a little while if they expect high demand, but most things are available pretty soon after release.
Yeah, all the iMacs are listed and at a good price as well as mac pro.Any ideas if there is a quad core MBP coming? If so, I would probably ditch before it came out, if of course, same price.Almost bought a iMAC, but even while barefeats shows the iMAC beating the MBP in some tests (even final cut), I tested about 6 iMACS and when you do a real time preview it stutters whereas the MBP does not (better GPU), the trick though for FCP on iMAC is do a full screen preview and it does not (GPU) have to rendering the whole mixer, screens, etc. and focus just on the video.The 2.2 is pretty strong though, so much better than my old overclocked AMD at 3.0 and hackntosh Intel 930 two core.I played some digital music last night, recordings, plugings, and no hiccups at all.The iMAC looks appealing with 2.8 (more plug ins) but no EXPRESS Slot, thus, down the road, no eSATA raid, which you can do with a MBP and have a raid system with two (2) HD's plus of course, pluging the camera (video) right into HD. Pretty cool stuff. Not sure there will be a quad on a MBP quite yet unless they plan on quad x 2 on Mac Pro, and also offer 16 core x 2 on Mac Pro, wow, that is silly power. More than NASA had in the 1980's combined. :(
Yeah, all the iMacs are listed and at a good price as well as mac pro.Any ideas if there is a quad core MBP coming? If so, I would probably ditch before it came out, if of course, same price.Almost bought a iMAC, but even while barefeats shows the iMAC beating the MBP in some tests (even final cut), I tested about 6 iMACS and when you do a real time preview it stutters whereas the MBP does not (better GPU), the trick though for FCP on iMAC is do a full screen preview and it does not (GPU) have to rendering the whole mixer, screens, etc. and focus just on the video.The 2.2 is pretty strong though, so much better than my old overclocked AMD at 3.0 and hackntosh Intel 930 two core.I played some digital music last night, recordings, plugings, and no hiccups at all.The iMAC looks appealing with 2.8 (more plug ins) but no EXPRESS Slot, thus, down the road, no eSATA raid, which you can do with a MBP and have a raid system with two (2) HD's plus of course, pluging the camera (video) right into HD. Pretty cool stuff. Not sure there will be a quad on a MBP quite yet unless they plan on quad x 2 on Mac Pro, and also offer 16 core x 2 on Mac Pro, wow, that is silly power. More than NASA had in the 1980's combined. :P