IL9 PRO-V

derkie

4 posts in this topic

I don't know what exactly the problem is, but when jas dvd begins to boot after few seconds the pc reboot. I' ve tried also with uphuck 10.4.9, jas dvd 10.4.6, jas dvd 10.4.8 PFF1 PFF2... same problem. Please help....

Thank you

My config:

Abit IL9 PRO-V

Intel core 2 DUO E6320

2x512Mb ram kingston ddr2 533Mhz

Asus EN7600GS Silint 256Mb ddr2

1HDD Samsung 160Gb SATA2

LG DVD 16X

Derkie,

Have you noted down which port your SATA drive is on? OSX does not work on some machines if they are on say SATA 2. Have you made sure each drive including the DVD is set to Master on their own dedicated connector? If you're having a lot of trouble, I'd suggest try installing without the Asus 7600GS card first using only the native VGA on the IL9, and see if it fairs better as sometimes the graphics does have its own issues.

I'd also suggest turning on all the settings under the CPU section, switch CPUID Limit MaxVal to enabled, and experiment with the APCI APIC settings if you have them (try installing with them on).

Last but not least, have you burned your discs at a slow rate ie. X1 or X2 speeds? It can make a lot of difference as you could be reading from a corrupted disc.

• 2 weeks later...

Struggling with IL9 Pro after bios update to v12, just posted on Abit's ftp------still boot hangs at ACPI CA 20060421 whether booting DVD or HDD--a real puzzler------I'm still reluctant to flash it back to version 10 which was working very well with 10.4.9i R3(Uphuck)----I've tried various kernel versions as well as an external USB 10.4.10 tub girl which boots anything----even tried 10.1 deadmoo, same thing with Jas 10.4.8------It looks like the new BIOS just won't boot HFS------

Middleman did u see my posted answer on the ACPI page? I posted my screen up to where it hangs, I'd really like to know if perchance u had the same error I did-----

If anyone with an IL9 running could post their BIOS version I'd be greatful------THX