What Version of Mac Os works with Dell Dimension 8400?

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm wondering what version of Mac OS works with Dell Dimension 8400? I already tried Jas 10.4.8 and uphuck 10.4.9 and both installed fine but cannot boot into the OS. I'm wondering if I have to use an older version of Mac OS in order to install on Dell Dimension 8400? Please help. Thanks,

Mike.

Some specs would help. In theory, you should have good luck with this system since it uses the i925 chipset and SSE3 procs. Give us a detailed list of packages you installed and boot in verbose mode (F8 and -v) and post the errors.
Thanks for your response. My Dell Dimension 8400 has P4 3.2 GHz, 2 GB Ram, ATI 1300 Pro video card, Netxtreme Gigabit ethernet card, I believe it support SSE2 and SSE3, but I'm not too sure. When I tried using Jas 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2 SSE3 and Uphuck 10.4.9 intel to install on my 8400, it installed fine until I reboot it. It starts to load Mac OS (white Mac OS screen) and than it goes black. I just thought that it might be the version of Jas and Uphuck that I used was having issues. Any help will be appreciated it. Thanks,Mike
Some specs would help. In theory, you should have good luck with this system since it uses the i925 chipset and SSE3 procs. Give us a detailed list of packages you installed and boot in verbose mode (F8 and -v) and post the errors.
I think that I selected all the Intel packages, ATI video driver support, and that's about what I can remember. I'll double check what packages that I used during my Jas 10.4.8 installation and get some error messages.MikeI forgot to mention that I also selected loginwindow, X11, ATI Graphics support, INTEL patch, and Intel Only login crash patch.

• 2 months later...