Which one to choose

Paul M

1 post in this topic

I am placing this post in the hope that since last time i posted a thread things have changed. Now i have a very nice Mac Pro Dual core that i use as my main tool. However i also have a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop. To date over the last week or two i have tried 10.4.5, 10.4.8 and 10.4.9. Most of these work well......except and its a big issue with me, the bloody graphics. I am stuck on 1024 x 768 which on widescreen is passable but not sharp. Now i have tried Callisto (it did not work). My graphics card is a Radeon Mobility x300. Am i the only person that cannot fix this issue without tampering about with Kexts and terminal ( and still finding it doesn't work), its like going back to bloody DOS all over again. So does anyone know of a OSX86 bundle that they know works, especially with the x300 and on a Dell Inspiron 9300. I would settle for 10.4.5 if need be. I know i might sound a fussy bugger, but reading this forum there seems to be some bloody good tweekers out there. Yes i suppose i could go out and get a PowerMac G4 laptop for £500 but the whole point and i think the buzz is that this should not be possible according to Apple, which makes me even more fired up to get it working on my Dell laptop. Maybe i should offer a reward to someone who can get my Dell running as close as possible to a proper Mac. I mean graphics and network card would do. Please dont make me dig out my XP disc and return to the days of constant updates etc. Come on guys and dolls together we can crack it !