SATA boot with ICH9

ceetooo

5 posts in this topic

Using VMWare I've installed uphuck 10.4.9 v3 universal to a primary partition on the phisical hard disk.

HD: Seagate ST 3320620AS

SATA controllers: 2x intel ICH9

SATA Controller ids: 0x29268086 (2 ports) & 0x29208086 (4 ports)

works inside VMW, but not when I try to boot native.

I set Info.plist inside AppleAHCIPort.kext to match 29208086, but it stops waiting for root device. This was with -v -f options on boot.

After booting in vmw, I changed the plist to match 29268086, restarted with -v -f, but still no joy.

All I can do from bios is to set sata in either ide or raid mode. Tried both, but with exactly the same result. Well, windows doesn't load when in raid mode.

Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers!

tried native install with uphuck, but dvd freezes halfway waiting for root device. I'm getting jas 10.4.8 atm, it seems to be the one everyone is using for ICH9... should have it in a day or so. Keep them suggestions coming, though! :)

I've got the feeling that I've missed something really obvious... :thumbsup_anim:

I have had the same Problem on my P5K-Deluxe/Q6600/x1950Pro/Pioneer SATA DVD Drive/Sata HD.. Jas 10.4.8 with update to 10.4.10 (Koolcal) installs fine (Only problem is sleep), Upchuck 1.4ir2 installs fine (sleep works great until updated to 10.4.10), BUT Upchuck 1.4ir3/kalway10.4.10 all give a kernel panic during boot off install DVD.