Installing OSx86 JaS 10.4.8 on a DELL Inspiron 2200

Troublesome

4 posts in this topic

What drivers will I need to install on this machine? It's a got a 1.4 GHz Celeron M, with 512mb RAM. I have the Intel 915GM chipset and the DELL Wireless 1370 WLAN MiniPCI Card (according to WinXP device manager) And according to this aswell my sound is SigmaTel C-Major Audio.

Please can any of you lot help me. (I'm installing this to see if it's worth me getting a MacBook for college or not.)

Muchas Love

Lee.

I have an Inspiron 2200 with OSX86 10.4.8 installed. I am very happy with it. Everything works except when I close the lid the screen shuts off and doesn't come back on...nor does it return from sleep and no the Insomnia.kext won't work. I'm still searching for a fix with that, so if anyone knows of anything... Other than that; Wireless, Ethernet, Battery Meter, Sound, etc. All that stuff works perfectly. Even the function keys will control volume and mute. However, a clean install of 10.4.8 wont get your wireless and ethernet working...

I installed 10.4.6 and then 10.4.8 and then did this to get where I am today...

-You need the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.6 to get the ethernet working. Simply replace the old one in the extentions folder. Once replaced go to disk utility and repair permisions and restart. Ethernet should work now.

-To get the wireless working you need to install the Wireless Solutions package that came with the 10.4.6 iso. Don't boot the 10.4.6 dvd, once 10.4.8 is installed and loaded put the 10.4.6 dvd in and find the Wireless Solutions package with Finder on the dvd and run it from there. Once installed go to disk utility and repair permisions and restart. Wireless should work now.

• 11 months later...
I have an Inspiron 2200 with OSX86 10.4.8 installed. I am very happy with it. Everything works except when I close the lid the screen shuts off and doesn't come back on...nor does it return from sleep and no the Insomnia.kext won't work. I'm still searching for a fix with that, so if anyone knows of anything... Other than that; Wireless, Ethernet, Battery Meter, Sound, etc. All that stuff works perfectly. Even the function keys will control volume and mute. However, a clean install of 10.4.8 wont get your wireless and ethernet working...

I installed 10.4.6 and then 10.4.8 and then did this to get where I am today...

-You need the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.6 to get the ethernet working. Simply replace the old one in the extentions folder. Once replaced go to disk utility and repair permisions and restart. Ethernet should work now.

-To get the wireless working you need to install the Wireless Solutions package that came with the 10.4.6 iso. Don't boot the 10.4.6 dvd, once 10.4.8 is installed and loaded put the 10.4.6 dvd in and find the Wireless Solutions package with Finder on the dvd and run it from there. Once installed go to disk utility and repair permisions and restart. Wireless should work now.

We are having a problem getting the correct version of OSx86 for our Inspiron 2200 Pentium M to work. We have tried everything in another forum... in this thread.

Is it possible for you to walk us through the process, as best you can, or just point us in the direction to go, we are using iatkos v4i currently, and mine hangs on the blue screen.