9a527 spotlight icon gone

drbee

15 posts in this topic

Leopard is acting strangely on my macbook. I don't have the spotlight icon on the top right corner, I can't drag files. dragging doesn't work... Also copy and paste doesn't work.... what can it be?

I had the same problem, try repairing permissions. Then restart and you should have copy/paste back :P

As far as spotlight goes it is a problem many people are having. Spotlight does not work on my ibook G4 but works on my Vaio notebook, go figure :)

Put your leopard DVD in and go to /LeoDVD/System/Installation/Packages and locate BaseSystem.pkg. Drag that to /LeoHD/Library/Receipts. run diskutil and repair permissions. Just reboot after that and everything should be fixed.

yesterday, I tested the solution gived by Prawker. I searched the BaseSystem.pkg on my dvd but I didn't find it.

So I decided to test with the same pakage fron my 10.4.8. I put it in the right folder, boot, repair permissions (all was wrong) and reboot.

Bingo!! all worked well : spotlight in the menu bar, drag and drop.. all was perfect ...

It's a miracle and a lot of luck :wacko:

The easiest way to fix these post-install 9A527 problems is to run "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" in Terminal. The graphical Disk Utility at least for me was not able to fix anything, but it worked from the terminal! I would not start messing the system more by downgrading it partially to older versions!

• 2 weeks later...
The easiest way to fix these post-install 9A527 problems is to run "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" in Terminal. The graphical Disk Utility at least for me was not able to fix anything, but it worked from the terminal! I would not start messing the system more by downgrading it partially to older versions!

ZAM You are the MAN!!!You saved my life :) Now everything work perfect.Cheers!

• 10 months later...

i have... but i still can't paste, drag and dropT_T

is there any script??? Anybody... Help me!!! :D

yesterday, I tested the solution gived by Prawker. I searched the BaseSystem.pkg on my dvd but I didn't find it.

So I decided to test with the same pakage fron my 10.4.8. I put it in the right folder, boot, repair permissions (all was wrong) and reboot.

Bingo!! all worked well : spotlight in the menu bar, drag and drop.. all was perfect ...

It's a miracle and a lot of luck :P

"I put it in the right folder"??? How could u?? I tought u were unable to drag and drop??

i have the same problem as u r... i can't either paster, drag and drop... Such troublesome :D