Windows Update's Sneaky Updates

Alessandro17

17 posts in this topic

That just makes me ill.

If it is My computer, what rights does some company have in it rooting around and changing my files?

People who use computers in server or test environments would be absolutely furious at this.

MS, seriously what part of turn OFF automatic updates don't you get?

Lordy if some hacker gets ahold of that backdoor and trojanizes your hardware.

So.. are games really worth it?

If you people would take the time to read the whole article then you would see that it only updates the files for windows update so it can connect to the newer update system. Windows has actually been using this auto-update system going back to the XP RTM. If it didn't auto-update it wouldn't be able to connect to the Update Service.

Oh no, they're surreptitiously installing software without my permission, even when I disabled the updates service, and could be used to track me down, or to shutdown my illegal copy of windoze! hmm who cares? they own my ass anyway!!

Oh no, they're surreptitiously installing software without my permission, even when I disabled the updates service, and could be used to track me down, or to shutdown my illegal copy of windoze! hmm who cares? they own my ass anyway!!
LMAO!

I guess MS programmers are just too stupid to come up with a client-independent solution for their upgrade system. Ah well, who cares really.

Bless OSX.

hecker

Ugh....

You know, the only time I use Vista anymore, is to run Office 2007 Enterprise (yes, it's illegal) programs on my Mac through Fusion. Personally, I really like the ribbon interface, and I think the candy coated GUI suits my OS X system quite well. Maybe it's time to go into VMware's options and tell it not to connect Vista to my internet when it starts up. MS might be going behind our backs, but they can't access internet if something else is keeping it from getting there.

Right?

They have to do it 'even when [you] disabled the updates service' so that if you were to reenable the service, it would work. MS should have avoided this by making Window's Update work better, but this is no reason to dislike Windows.

I've said it many a time, and I will say it again. Windows does not suck. There are just (better depending on who you ask) alternatives.

They have to do it 'even when [you] disabled the updates service' so that if you were to reenable the service, it would work.

;):hysterical: :hysterical:

C'mon, what kind of arguments are those? Are you five? If they can do that without your knowledge or consent, surely they can do it as soon as you reenable the service, just like it used to work, actually.

And believe me, this is not anti-ms sh*t. As soon as Apple start to do the same (hopefully they won't), I'll be looking for another alternative.