iTunes 7.4 & Pro Application 4.0.2 (Update now iTunes 7.4.2)

KasperNL

16 posts in this topic

Together with the iPod updates the iTunes 7.4 update was released.I was wondering if this update could safely be installed on Hackintoshes.Because I couldn't find anybody on this forum who tried it yet I'll do it know.Will update this topic as soon as I installed.I also saw an update for the Pro Applications 4.0.2 will also check this out!

post-85980-1189116643_thumb.jpg

I can confirm that both updates can safely be installed. At least on Intel Core2Duo based Hackintoshes (my configuration is an E6600 on a BadAxe 2 Motherboard).

post-85980-1189117164_thumb.jpg

The current problem wasn't music or iTunes stores previews, but playback of purchased videos. On my 7.3.1 iTunes all of these things work correctly but on 7.3.2 (and up) purchased videos do NOT playback. I wonder why, seems puzzling that one thing wouldn't work when everything else would...

no luck for me...

uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i rev 3

p5wdh / x1900xt / sata disk

update and reboot.

the system hangs up at the loading apple screen, and suddendly appears a weird symbol like that

divieti-sosta.gif

Are you sure it came after the iTunes update? I mean this more looks like an updated Kernel (ie. from the 10.4.10 update)

Are you sure it came after the iTunes update? I mean this more looks like an updated Kernel (ie. from the 10.4.10 update)

yep, unfortunately i'm sure... :(

I have thought th same identical thing...

i've removed the 10.4.10 update, planning to do it via delta-update + manual backup of kexts...

dunno why i've not made the 10.4.10 update FIRST..

this evening, as soon as i come back home i'll try 10.4.10 update -> itunes update...

Its pretty safe to install any update from Apple Software Update that isn't a OS X Version Update (what I mean is 10.4.9 version update, 10.4.10 version update, etc.). Especially if it installs a new kernel. Anything else is probably good :( Just make sure to repair permissions after the update before you reboot.

As for installing iTunes versions 7.3.2 and up, that's not really the case. Our iHacs seems to have broken functionality when it comes to playing purchased video. It simply won't work anymore. Stick to 7.3.1 for full functionality is my advice. It's a real pain though, if you get one of the newer iPods you would probably have to upgrade to 7.4.x anyway and put up with not being able to play your purchased video.

Hopefully we will have a solution to this soon.

I don't know about the reduced functionalities and all that stuff in updates of iTunes because I don't use it but a lot worse could happen than not being able to play purchased videos...such as the computer not booting, though as I said in my previous post, doesn't really happen after iTunes updates.