A new way for navigating through folders..

MacOS_X

4 posts in this topic

How about a program that uses your scrollwheel for folder navigation?

Let me explain my idea:

You hover over a folder on the desktop. Scroll the mouse wheel downwards. The folder opens and you see that it contains 4 folders. You hover on the next one and scroll down. It opens.You see you are on the wrong folder; scroll upwards and you're back on the originating folder. Scroll once more upwards, the folder closes, you returnto the desktop.

How does that sound?

Damn, I just played with a current OS X app that does close to that.

For the darnest I can't remember the name.

It had a 3D layout also, similar to that navigation screen you see the girl use in Jurassic Park. (the movie)

If you were to use the scroll wheel to go in and out of folders, for windows that are bigger than one page how would you navigate them? with auto-scroll?

If so I hate auto scroll. Using the back button is just as easy for me. You can always get a better mouse and make an extra button as back.

I prefer the scroll wheel functionality for in window scrolling and not in/out of folder navigation.

I'll see if I can find that app again and although it was visually rough, it will give you a feel for that style.

• 3 weeks later...

you can do that stuff with steermouse.. just assign all those buttons and scroll functions in that program. i use my down+scroll back to exit out of down+scroll up to use F11 expose, etc etc. its rad. i even have side scroll buttons....