Dual Monitor (Extended Desktop) Support

13 posts in this topic

I was wondering if you guys could give me any suggestions for video cards that will support dual monitor functionality in osx 10.4.8. I have searched the component lists and it doesn't have too much info regarding dual monitors.

I removed my ati x700 pro because I could not QE/CI to work. I installed a Nvidia geforce 6200 and got QE/CI to work! Now my monitors are not mirrored anymore only one is on the other is off. Both monitors are plugged in, but there is no setting in the display properties to enable dual monitor support or extended desktop. Any suggestions for fixing this or do I need to try a different video card. Please help.

Please tell me anyone why it is so hard to search dor "+dual +monitor" with the search function of the forum... And read some of the threads listed there....

o.k., it seems to be easier to just ask a question that was asked many times before again... so dont wonder first no one reponds...

NVidia Geforce 7300GS or GT and 7600GS and GT with 256 MB seem to be the best way at the moment. They work under most conditions with Natit 0.1, 0.2 or universal. Links to the drivers can be found when you search as mentioned:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...dual+%2Bmonitor

is there less expensive video cards than ATI x1950xt (x1900xt) which will definitely work in dual display mode via dvi outputs on both displays without dvi->vga convertors? i'm in search for working 2dvi-card solution which will not require dvi->vga convertor.. just wanna use both of my LG L204WT displays via dvi outputs in digital mode.

XFX 7600GS PCI-E 256MB Silent (no fan) Dual DVI on a 10.4.10 system with 10.4.10 NVidia kexts, no patching required, just natit 0.2. I have 2 Dell DVI 1600x1200 with QE/CI and Rotation.

nice, and you dont use dvi->vga convertor? both of your displays works via dvi in digital mode?

• 1 year later...