TI PCI-1410 CardBus (PC Card) problem

Memph

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've got a HP laptop (see my sig) which has a TI PCI-1410 CardBus chipset which is not detected by Tiger (8f1111).

All I've got when booting is the following:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe:

IOPCCard notice: Bad bridge mapping at 0x000a0000!

not found.

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

Could anyone please tell me if you had to do anything special to make this CardBusc chipset work?

Thank you,

Memph

Are you using 10.4.1 or 10.4.3 ?

Most PCCARD adapters that didn't work in 4.1 works in 4.3

/Johan

Hi Johan,

It's a 10.4.3. And it's supposed to work. It just don't work as far as I can see. :rolleyes: It's a shame that I also have problems with USB, the other option to connect a WLAN card to my laptop :)

Regards,

Memph

• 1 year later...
it's supposed to work. It just don't work as far as I can see.

Wow I know you started this topic a while ago but I have the same cardbus and have been trying very hard to get it working with very little joy yet. I'm using Jas 10.4.7 and have been following this post, but haven't gotten very far. My system seems to recognise the hardware but it fails to start. I'd really love to hear how you get on with this for your 1410 cardbus.

Badger

• 9 months later...

I got the TI PCI-xx10 to work using a JaS 10.4.6 DVD. it doesn't work unless you install the Intel 915 support.

I have no idea why.

I also can't seem to get it to work in Uphuck 10.4.9. No matter what I try, i can either get it to recognize the PCCard slot and fail to boot, or boot and not recognize the PCCard.