8255 kext file keeps getting corrupted on startup.....

2 posts in this topic

I have 10.4.8 running on an Intel 945 machine and when I first installed the 8255 kext file to get the network running, it ran great......until the next reboot. When I rebooted the machine at a later time (just another session) I immediately got a prompt that told me that the 8255 kext file was missing or corrupted. So, I re-installed it, rebooted, and then it ran great again - had internet and streaming radio feeds in great shape. Then I started the machine the next day - same prompt, no I-Bahn (internet).

So what gives?.....I'm not a happy camper that I have to keep re-installing the 8255 kext file to get my onboard Intel network running every other time I reboot or restart the machine. Has anyone else seen this with 10.4.8?

Let me know - for now I have to keep repairing the kext file so I can surf on OSX86.......

Thanks!

though it says it's not working, does it really not work? cause there are cases in which a kext file is reported bad but in fact the system is still functioning properly. if this is the case then you could just remove the kext to remove the pop up.