PCI Firewire

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I searched and searched and didnt find anything. It actually gave me an error saying there was nothing to match my words. Ok here it goes. I bought a uConnect PCI Firewire card for my Hackintosh. i checked the wiki and it said it would work out of the box with no drivers needed. well im upgraded to 10.4.8 i used 10.4.6 for a little bit and indeed it showed on system profiler. but on 10.4.8 it just downst work. system profiler says Firewire Bus 400m/bs but when i hook up a firewire dive, it doesnt work. when i plug my firewire cam and fire up imovie, it tells me no cam is connected. is there anything driver out there? i looked everywere, not sure were else to look.

Hello all,

I searched and searched and didnt find anything. It actually gave me an error saying there was nothing to match my words. Ok here it goes. I bought a uConnect PCI Firewire card for my Hackintosh. i checked the wiki and it said it would work out of the box with no drivers needed. well im upgraded to 10.4.8 i used 10.4.6 for a little bit and indeed it showed on system profiler. but on 10.4.8 it just downst work. system profiler says Firewire Bus 400m/bs but when i hook up a firewire dive, it doesnt work. when i plug my firewire cam and fire up imovie, it tells me no cam is connected. is there anything driver out there? i looked everywere, not sure were else to look.

DLink DFW-400 PCI 3xFW400 seems to work

Ask sheeplover

• 3 weeks later...

im using a q-stor firewire pci card. it says its mac compatible, but nothing. im using system 10.4.8. Jas. on another hackintosh im using a uConnect PCI firewire. in the wiiki it says it works with no drivers. im getting nothing, also using 10.4.8 jas....u think it might a 10.4.8 problem? is there a file missing? it worked in 10.4.6..