Problem with OS Selector

Tenchi

9 posts in this topic

Hi :)

I installed the Acronis OS Selector, but when I boot, my Windows XP Media Center Edition (french) is not detected. Instead, I have 'Unknown Operating System', and when I try to boot it, it says :

'Acronis OS Selector was unable to load "Unknown Operating System" operating system, the file sytem type of the operating system is not supported.'

I searched the web for answers but nobody seems to have the same problem. :"(

(My computer's a Sony VAIO Laptop with WXP MCE pre-installed.)

i have the same problem,

i try Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r2, 10.4.6 dont work..

Toshiba Satellite Duo 2 Core

160GB HD

1GBRAM

I have OS Selector 10.

VAIO Computers have a partition in the beggining of the disk named "Recovery Partition" used by their recovery disk to reinstall the computer. Does the fact it is at the very beggining of the computer matters for OS Selector ? Do I need to move it ?

ACRONIS IS NOT QUITE GOOD, specially when dual booting osx86 and windows.

it is so disastrous specially, when re-installing one of your installed os'es.

it will srcrew up your mbr.

well, this is based from a years of experience as far as dual booting software is concern.

I agree with Boinky that OS Selector is not that good, but now that I have it working, I find I prefer a graphical interface to Darwin's boot loader.

I have had to reinstall OS X many times before I finally getting my hackintosh just right, and OS Selector spazzed out when I did, but once I figured out what needed to be done (reactivate OS Selector), it loaded and recognized the "unknown" OS.

I've have not resinstalled Windows, yet, however. And I do want to try and add a third WinXP boot at some point. We'll see then how great OS Selector is.

Tenchi, I never did get OS Selector to work on an older ASUS notebook of mine. The notebook had a recovery partition, too, so that may be your problem. OS Selector would freeze before even a menu would come-up. I know a little more, now, but I doubt it would have made a difference. Good luck.