Issues with getting 10.4.6 to work on VMWARE on VIRTUAL HARD DISK..PLEASE HELP

avbmenon

5 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I searched around in the forum for an appropriate answer and couldn't find it myself so making this new topic.

My machine is a TOSHIBA A100 laptop compatible with 10.4.6. I have 10.4.6 Mac OSX, using daemon tools to mount the disk. I followed absolutely every single instruction on the following URL http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Vmware_how_to to try and get a vmware image to run off a virtual hard disk.

To my disappointment, I reach upto the stage where I have to use the DISK UTILITY to partition the new virtual vmware drive but it only comes up one entry which is the mounted installation disk which is 4.4gb, and obviously I cant format this as this is an iso image.

It doesn't show me VMWARE VIRTUAL DISK OF 8 GB which i allocated. How do i get across this problem.

If anyone had similar issues and did get over this, pls pls pls advice..

All your help is very much appreciated ...

Alright one thing to check first is that that the hard drive is set to IDE (0:0) not SCSI. Also check your VM and make sure that the guest os is set the FreeBSD.

If it fails, start over and use my guide: http://pcwiz.50webs.com/windows/vmwareosx86.htm

Screenshots, FAQ, and Troubleshooting guide included.

Post back if you have any problems

WELL I THINK I WAS TOO FAST TO REPLY....

to my dismay, everything worked and then when it came to the time that OS loaded...it crashes and vmware starts again..i even made the new virtual hard drive my active partition using disk util but the os runs upto the initial configuration load up and then it crashes...any possible reasons for this...PCWIZ..need your help !!

OK,

Please tell me the exact error messages you see on the screen and where it crashes EXACTLY. Did you partition the drive as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)? What version of VMware are you using? Which exact ISO file are you using?

Answer the questions and post a screenshot of where it crashes if you can.

As for the help, your welcome :angel: