What could I (or you) do with the source code to System 7.1?

cringemaster

15 posts in this topic

I happened accross a Stuffit archive (on an infamous torrent site) with the source code to System 7.1 yesterday, and after checking it out it all seems very legit. There are numerous references to "Super Mario", and a few other recognizable code words. Unzipped, everything is about 30 mb, zipped, its a little more than 2 :D. It appears to be written in C or some form of it, and everything is there to compile it (Xcode, anyone?) including makefiles and a few "important notes" dating back to 1992. The reason this is really intruiging to me is that not only is the OS code there, all the drivers and everything are there as source as well. I dont know what to do with this, or if this will help anyone so If you have any ideas, make a post (or drop me a pm for a, uh, "closer look" at it ;) )

Yes, I know this source code you speak of. :D

You do? Oh yeah, thanks to me your ratio was saved, at least for now... I'm sure out of curiosity you grabbed it too, eh? 14 mb wasn't too much for your paltry ratio, was it? :D

Well, er, no.

I think distributing Apple source is a little bit to much.

After all, if speakign your mind gets you deleted, I wonder what posting this would do

well i'm not asking to distribute through IM - just maybe put it up on the demon or the bay - nothing to do with IM at all