Won't load insatlltion DVD.

Toko

1 post in this topic

Well, first off the hardware I'm using ran a vmware version of osx before fine, so I know the hardware is compatible with (at least what I had), and I checked as well and found it would work.

The issue is that when I attempt to run the insatlltion dvd, it pops up with the timer and scuh, so I hit a key, and it acts like it's going to load, but it just sticks right after copy right with:

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
enabling INTEL features
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
vm_page_bootstrap: 93245 free pages
mig_table_max_displ = 71
Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes
ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=- LocalApicId=0 Enabled
PASSED! ...maximum protection of commpage set ALL
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
		 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
  using 1966 buffer headers and 1966 cluster IO buffer headers

I've been searching for hours (almost a day now of solid searching) for information on this issue, I've found a thread or 2 on here stating the 1966 error message right after copyright, but there was no helpful information posted on those threads and I didn't want to gravedig them by adding my problem to them (I hate adding meaningless posts on a thread like "same problem here, anyone know a solution please?" to a near month old thread).

I've tried the "-X Cpus=1" command, along with -v and it still won't boot.

I'm in the process of downloading a 10.4.6 prepatched iso JaS that might work.

If anyone could post a link or provide some information on how I could fix this problem I'd be greatful.

If all else fails I'll probably have to just buy a new system that would be compatible for sure (I hate buying brand name computers, >.>) or buy a new iMac if all else fails (I just really don't want to drop 1200+ dollars at the moment to get OS X running at least half way).

EDIT:

I cancelled the 10.4.6, and I'm currently download Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i revision 2