MBP rejects certain DVD/CD's after Superdrive Update

nitro

4 posts in this topic

A couple of weeks ago software update prompted me with a firmware update for my MAT{censored}A UJ-857D SuperDrive, since then my Macbook Pro rejects media like an installation DVD for a HP printer and certain blank DVD/CD media, the disk spins up a few times and then ejects with no error message.

I never had much problems with optical media before the update, so I admit it wasn't very wise on my part to install an update I didn't realy need.

Would it be possible to revert the firmware back to another version? The current version is KCVB.

A couple of weeks ago software update prompted me with a firmware update for my MAT{censored}A UJ-857D SuperDrive, since then my Macbook Pro rejects media like an installation DVD for a HP printer and certain blank DVD/CD media, the disk spins up a few times and then ejects with no error message.

I never had much problems with optical media before the update, so I admit it wasn't very wise on my part to install an update I didn't realy need.

Would it be possible to revert the firmware back to another version? The current version is KCVB.

this happened to me, and it was an HP dvd. when we took it to the apple store, the guy said it was very scratched. just download it off HP's site and it should work :wacko:

You could boot into Windows, and flash it to another version. There are several sites on the Net which even offer customized firmware.

I have done this to my Pioneer Desktop DVD Writer.