Any app better for ntfs partitions on osx

JaE-V

6 posts in this topic

trust me you're not the only one here, im trying to search google for some kinda script, so like when you connect your NTFS partition you just run the script and you're able to write..but to no avail

I've used MacFuse NTFS-3G with pretty much success. Edit in FCS2 all the time on both Mac Pro and Hack. If that's not working for you, have you tried it from the other end...installing MacDrive 7 on your Windows installation so you can read and write to OSX Journaled drives?

I've used MacFuse NTFS-3G with pretty much success. Edit in FCS2 all the time on both Mac Pro and Hack. If that's not working for you, have you tried it from the other end...installing MacDrive 7 on your Windows installation so you can read and write to OSX Journaled drives?

definitely, macdrive works flawlessy in my windows installation..and macfuse is consistant for you?

trust me you're not the only one here, im trying to search google for some kinda script, so like when you connect your NTFS partition you just run the script and you're able to write..but to no avail

I made an app for automounting on startup.

Open it with Scrip Editor, change the "disk0s1" with your disk partition and save it. Then, just add it to your Login Items (System Preferences->Accounts->Login Items).

ntfsmount.app

definitely, macdrive works flawlessy in my windows installation..and macfuse is consistant for you?

I've found them to both be consistent. On my Mac Pro and Hack I edit mostly to OSX Journaled drives and in windows to NTFS drives. I really only use macfuse and macdrive for transferring files from one system to another. I've not had either system glitch on me while tranferring large video files. I did have a lot of windows compatibility problems with macdrive 6, but 7 has changed all that. Hopefully, since NTFS-3G is now a dead project, the MacDrive people will see the opportunity to create a PCDrive program for the Mac.