QuickView - iWork '08

vitti

6 posts in this topic

I downloaded the trial version of iWork 08 and wrote up a resume using it. After I saved it, I went to my docs folder (which was in cover flow view) and now I can quickview the pages file. even in other views like icon or list, instead of a little ink bottle, its the document itself as the icon.

Yep, that'll happen if you have "show icon preview" checked under "show view options".

PS-Keynote 08 seems incredibly stable under leopard. there was one time that it locked up, but that was during a save and i think it was my fault while accidentally trying to quit it. but after about 15 sec, it continued it's save and everything is fine. Now, how to escape the 30 day trial until my birthday...

Edit: Ah! Just delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.iWork08.plist. There are no user prefs in this file, so you won't lose any settings.

Please, only use this to pirate iWork temporarily! It really is worth buying.

I installed Leo A466 yesterday on my macbook

But when i opend the finder the Quicklook button was gone.....

Maby its the problem that I upgraded Tiger to Leopard, so not a full new install, but an upgraded, can that be the cause?

Anybody?

I downloaded the trial version of iWork 08 and wrote up a resume using it. After I saved it, I went to my docs folder (which was in cover flow view) and now I can quickview the pages file. even in other views like icon or list, instead of a little ink bottle, its the document itself as the icon.

Cool, that's good news :D

Have you had any issues with iWork '08 on Leopard to speak of?

Not me. iWork and iPhoto have worked like a charm on my iMac (466). iMovie doesn't open, i have graphic corruption in iDVD, and GB crashes. I haven't tried iWeb.

Edit: I forgot, iPhoto caused one kernel panic during some intense photo fixing.