ATi 2600

6 posts in this topic

What are the odds on getting the new ATi 2600 card for the redesigned iMac and putting it in the older Core2 Duo 24" iMac to replace the 1600?

I don't see ATi selling them standalone but maybe a friendly Apple authorized service shop could order one from the mothership!

If the friendly apple store gets you a mac version of the card then it should defenitly work in your imac, you just need the kexts for it but those should be bundled with the 10.4.11 update or you can extract them from one of the new imacs. If your talking about getting a pc version of the card then its not going to work.

lo, where sur common sense, the card is most likely different in size, even though it would use the same connector (MXM or sumfin) i doubt it would fit, or work properly due to size factors

The 2600Pro is commonly available atleast according to Exteremtech. Though get the XT version, its much better.

lo, where sur common sense, the card is most likely different in size, even though it would use the same connector (MXM or sumfin) i doubt it would fit, or work properly due to size factors

yes obviously it has to physically fit, If it did though it should work ;)

EDIT: Provided its the mac version of the card and not the generic pc version.