Experiences with ORIGINAL Cubase and OSX86

ant.one

9 posts in this topic

can you tell me about your experiences with a BOUGHT cubase and osx86 ?

i installed cubase sl3 and my problem is, my hack can´t fint the "skin" file. i do not know how to fix this issue and maybe anyone of you has experienced the same problem and knows how to solve it ???

edit: i just found out i can´t update my sl3 from the steinberg page. it sais update can not be made with your version of cubase (ugly translation from german language *g*)

First of all, cubase 3 runs within rosetta enviroment (PPC emulator), so I dont think you can get much out of it. Audio apps under rosetta is not the best, at least if you are serious about audio production. Im thinking on buying Cubase4 which is the only version of cubase for intel macs (and hacks)....

I runned cubase SX1 (also PPC): with 2 or 3 audio tracks, and a couple of FX the CPU load goes to top very easy.....

For now im running logic, but I like Cubase much more, so probably I'll buy the studio version....

• 2 weeks later...
can you tell me about your experiences with a BOUGHT cubase and osx86 ?

i installed cubase sl3 and my problem is, my hack can´t fint the "skin" file. i do not know how to fix this issue and maybe anyone of you has experienced the same problem and knows how to solve it ???

edit: i just found out i can´t update my sl3 from the steinberg page. it sais update can not be made with your version of cubase (ugly translation from german language *g*)

hi Cubase 4 runs fine into osx86 10.4.8 , no problems at all. I think it runs better than logic express.

no big bugs.

cheers.

My experience with C4 is good to excellent so far - I use it since october 2006. (See my hack specs in the sig.) Even with 10-15 instances of VSTi synths, samplers etc I hardly ever hit more than 60% CPU usage. At mixdown with 24bit wav audio only, I use around 30-40 VST fx plugs without any noticeable strain.

Also our tracking sessions are very smooth with no noticeable latency or nasty hiccups.

The only crashes I had so far was with NI plugins, like Battery3 and Kontakt2 which pass out when you feed them Acid-ised wave files but I suppose that's not a Cubase specific problem.

• 1 month later...
has anyone seen a cubase 3 or 4 (for mac) out "in the wild"?

If you 'see it somewhere' you can be sure it's either a plain copy that still requires the hardware dongle or - more likely- a fake. There are too many bullsh*tters out there having a laugh choking bandwidth and too many naive folks keeping their hopes too high... :(

• 1 year later...
If you 'see it somewhere' you can be sure it's either a plain copy that still requires the hardware dongle or - more likely- a fake. There are too many bullsh*tters out there having a laugh choking bandwidth and too many naive folks keeping their hopes too high... :unsure:

I have seen dongles for Cubase 3/4 sold for low prices, is it likely that they are cloned?  Are they likely to work?

There s no Cubase 4 " on the wild " ! Trust me you won t find one !

You can only find a Cuabse 4 LE.

& yes Cubase 4 or LE both work PERFECT on hackintoch

I have seen dongles for Cubase 3/4 sold for low prices, is it likely that they are cloned? Are they likely to work?

You can actually buy the dongle for 30$

BUT it s only the dongle that allows you to store the license on it !!!!

It doesn t have the C4 license built in, you ll still have to buy Cubase 4 !

If you want to get it cheap buy an academic version, some resellers don t ask the proof that you r a student.