SuSE Installed, and then vanished (MacBook Pro)

Ayanami

4 posts in this topic

Alright, so I wanted my MacBook Pro to tripple boot; 10.5, SuSe Linux, and Vista. I used disk utility to make three partitions, and then once Vista was installed, I used that to format the Linux partition (SuSE wasn't recognising the Mac made one). It installed fine - I didn't install Grub, I use rEFIt. The partitioning tool in rEFIt recognizes a linux partition, but isn't mounting it (It shows up in the MBR boot table). In disk utility, the partition doesn't exist anymore....just blank space. And on top of that, Vista stopped working.

Any ideas?

i will try like that ...

1.make 3 partition

2.install osx

3.install win

4.install lin

and than lin should recognize all operating systems on hd ...

or try to make win as primary active partition,adn install acronis os selector ,as booting tool ...

i dunno really ..

~R

You have to mount your mac partition in linux. In the terminal:

sudo mkdir /media/OSX

sudo mount -t hfsplus /dev/sda2 /media/OSX

With sda2 replaced with the right partition ofcourse (which you can check by: sudo fdisk -l). To have it mount automatically each time you boot, you have to edit the fstab.

ayanami, evangelion ftw: when you install suse try just one partition for /.

A side note: I know you are using rEFIt, but if you install that partition with XFS suse will install Grub 2.0 which is supposed to support EFI... but I dont know how this works on macs sry.