Cheapest non-pirated method of getting photoshop 7 for xp?

yoda75

14 posts in this topic

Hi folks. I was wondering if you guys could offer any tips on how to get a legit copy of PS7 XP. My mother-in-law has PS Elements 5 but I want to hook her up with Photoshop 7 for Xmas if I could. I want to spend about $100 or less. I've seen cheap download only versions online but they look like scams and I won't deal with them. I have my reservations about buying from ebay too, mainly because I'd have to trust the seller to transfer their license (sounds like a PITA)

What I'm hoping for is an academic store or some sort of retailer that might still have a boxed & sealed version. My wife is also a full time teacher so we are eligible for academic savings if we need it. It's a pity that Adobe doesn't sell licenses for older versions of their software. Am I on a wild goose chase?

• 2 weeks later...

i think so man, you can try some older online stores that haven't updated their stock, but most likely they won't have dropped the price on the software either. your best bet is ebay, i'm sure you could get in touch with Adobe to make sure the liscense you recieved is legit and you might be eligible for buyer protection for whatever it's worth.

• 5 months later...

Don't wear your eye patch and peg leg when you download it from btjunkie.org instead of thepiratebay.org

Just kidding, couldn't resist...

:)

The best solution would be eBay, good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Hi folks. I was wondering if you guys could offer any tips on how to get a legit copy of PS7 XP. My mother-in-law has PS Elements 5 but I want to hook her up with Photoshop 7 for Xmas if I could. I want to spend about $100 or less. I've seen cheap download only versions online but they look like scams and I won't deal with them. I have my reservations about buying from ebay too, mainly because I'd have to trust the seller to transfer their license (sounds like a PITA)

What I'm hoping for is an academic store or some sort of retailer that might still have a boxed & sealed version. My wife is also a full time teacher so we are eligible for academic savings if we need it. It's a pity that Adobe doesn't sell licenses for older versions of their software. Am I on a wild goose chase?

I don't know where to get PS 7, but photoshop CS2 (v9) and CS3 (v10) are available at academic price for around $300 at college stores in my experience. But also some colleges sell directly to students, I have seen PS CS3 Extended for students/faculty/staff only for $176.

Maybe you could get the wife to contact someone at a local college - ITS department or something may have a way to get the Adobe discount through the college.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...