Can't Install Parallels

feriso

11 posts in this topic

Tried installing the demo of parallels and it comes up with a window that Parallels can not be installed on this computer - has any one else had this problem - if so how did you get around it?

And what computer are you using?

Edit: Nevermind. I checked your previous posts and found you're using an X2 3800 with JaS 10.4.8, correct? Your CPU should have SSE3, and not having that is the only thing I can think of that might prevent Parallels from installing. Can you check to see if it's enabled?

That is correct, Parallels will not install on systems with AMD. However, you may be able to edit the .dist file to change that...

Here's a guide for installing Parallels on an AMD based PC (extracted from our very own WIKI):

Install Parallels on AMD64

1) Download it

2) Mount the image

3) Launch Parallels.pkg... Ta-daaan! XD It says that you haven't a compatible system, in italian it says

"Parallels non può essere installato in questo computer. Assicurati che il tuo sistema possieda i requisiti

necessari.", in english "Parallels cannot be installed on this computer. Make sure that your system meets the requirements."

4) Copy Parallels.pkg on your desktop

5) Right click on it and choose "Show package contents"

6) Right click on "Contents", show informations and under "Ownership and permission" make you

owner of it with a read/write access

7) Apply to enclosed items...

8) Open "Info.plist" with TextEdit and delete the following:

<key>IFRequirementDicts</key> 
<array> 
<dict> 
<key>Level</key> 
<string>requires</string> 
<key>SpecArgument</key> 
<string>machdep.cpu.vendor</string> 
<key>SpecType</key> 
<string>sysctl</string> 
<key>TestObject</key> 
<string>GenuineIntel</string> 
<key>TestOperator</key> 
<string>eq</string> 
</dict> 
</array>

9) Save and exit

10) Go to Resources folder and delete InstallationCheck and pkmkshellutility

11) Exit and launch your modified Parallels.pkg

12) Install it!

Cheers,

hecker

OK, dome your method PRocker267 and it allows me to install - however when I trying and start a virtual machine it locks my whole machine up and I have to do a hard restart to get it going again.

Any idea what is causing this?

i have problems to install the last update... others before installed without problems... maybe something is changed in the installing policy?

Other question, is it possible to use a real pc partition as bootcamp image with three S.O. (Xp, Vista & OsX).

Parallels say me that i have more then one pc partition and hangs.