Deleted

Crash4419

6 posts in this topic

If it helps, I have the exact opposite problem.

If I use both boot managers, weird stuff like that happens, like Vista fails to boot regardless of what I do.

And my Darwin Boot Manager defaults to OSX.

If it helps, I installed Vista first.

The Video shows/says it all: http://blip.tv/file/309607/

My question is: How to I change the default Darwin choice to OSX instead of Vista?

Is the quite boot setting the fix?

Are these two partitions on the same drive? If so, which one is set to active? If it's Vista, then I think Darwin will see the active partition first. I believe it's motherboard dependent about having to press those extra keys. I'm dual booting with XP and if I highlight OSX, I have to quickly hit F8 to enter into Darwin and then press OSX again. I'm using a Bad Axe 2 mb. There are others with different MBs who don't have to go through that. I don't think there's a fix for it yet.

I had problems with the boot but i fixed this so: I installed Windows Vista, Windows XP Pro, Ubuntu Linux and MacOSx86 on the four primary partitions of a 500 GB HD. Then I use GRUB as the boot loader. I have four entries on the grub menu: ubuntu, ubuntu recovery mode, windows loader, mac osx86. The WIndows loader entry seems this:

title Windows Vista/XP loader

root (hd0,0)

makeactive

savedefault

boot

My entry of OSx86 seems this:

title Mac OS X

root (hd0,3)

makeactive

savedefault

boot

and the 4 operating systems work fine! Long Life GRUB! :tomato:

It's important to set "makeactive" the windows entry and the mac osx86 entry.

In my case, when I select "Windows loader", the vista loader appears and ask me if boot Vista or XP. No problem!