texture fix for GTA:San Andreas under Cider?

segaprophet

19 posts in this topic

I've been following everyone's progress on making Windows games work under the Cider template in the other thread for a while, but seeing as no one has posted there in over a month, I figured I'd put my question in a seperate thread -

Anyway, has anyone found a fix yet for the missing people-textures problem in GTA:San Andreas under Cider yet?

either download my config, or try emulating win XP with pixel and vertex shader version set to 1.3 or 1.4

have you possible managed to fix the mouse centering issue?

I'm wondering the same thing. graphics don't seem to be a problem but the Mouse Centering Issue is! :(

• 1 month later...

i am having problems with the texture and the mouse thing any help would be great thanks

either download my config, or try emulating win XP with pixel and vertex shader version set to 1.3 or 1.4 have you possible managed to fix the mouse centering issue?
What do u do when u download that i saw there was a config file in the preferences folder and replace that but still the same what am i ment to do with this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

After reading this thread and some others, I have my own fix for the mouse pointer locked centering issue taken from a post realted to the Far Cry Mouse fix: (sorry, I lost the url).

GTA San Andreas Cider/Mac Version:

Goto SanAndreas.app/Contents/Resources/Preferences/Config

Make a backup copy of the file just in case.

open the file with the textedit.app

Find the text:

"AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "0"

replace it with

"AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "1"

Enjoy the game :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone else have the chrome problem in san andreas? If I import any car mods, they come out completly chrome with the reflection ultra high so that the car appears completly silver.

I have re-ported the game myself with my windows copy, but it still comes out the same. So I am wondering if it is a setting in CONFIG that can be adjusted.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

post-380179-1235075335_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Does anyone else have the chrome problem in san andreas? If I import any car mods, they come out completly chrome with the reflection ultra high so that the car appears completly silver.

I have re-ported the game myself with my windows copy, but it still comes out the same. So I am wondering if it is a setting in CONFIG that can be adjusted.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

i have the exact same problem too... was almost determined to give up, as it appears to be something to do with the mods themselves. the reason i say this has to do with the fact that many cars do work fine, others just have minor details showing up the chrome bug. but then again some of the original textures in the game have it too... i really don't know what to do. did you manage to fix it? it really is a pity, i can't install lots of cool european cars (most french and russian/eastern european cars) because of the chrome texture bug.

please, please, drop me a line if you figured this out, or ever come to. i've tried everything i can think of, even stripping down the txd files to compare the data between working and non working cars. there are no obvious differences, at least none that i noticed.

thanks a lot for your time

either download my config, or try emulating win XP with pixel and vertex shader version set to 1.3 or 1.4

have you possible managed to fix the mouse centering issue?

how can i download your config?

i'm having texture issues, as described in my previous post in reply to Macintosh72. are you familiar with this problem? do you think your config can fix this? if so, please, please let me know how to download it.

my port version should be a recent one, the mouse bug was already fixed.

specs:

macbook 13" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, intel GMA X3100 (yeah, the card sucks, but i don't mind playing in low quality and resolution, just wish i could play it on one of xiorxorn's renault 11 ;))

appreciate all the help i can get!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm new to InsanelyMac, but I was experiencing the same missing people clitch. The solution that worked for me involved first finding what I believe was "VertexShaders= 'N.'" Changing the "N" (No) to a "Y" (Yes) seems to solve the problem and seems to make people show up as they should. Changing specific numerical values, as another poster has suggested, does not seem necessary. Hope this helps :) . Also, if anyone does not know what line of code I am referring to, reply back and I will clarify.

I've been following everyone's progress on making Windows games work under the Cider template in the other thread for a while, but seeing as no one has posted there in over a month, I figured I'd put my question in a seperate thread -

Anyway, has anyone found a fix yet for the missing people-textures problem in GTA:San Andreas under Cider yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know?

Thanks

you might have typed the chrome cheat in t he past, my friends have done it and they

can't get it back

• 1 month later...