Help with ATI FireGL V3100

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just upgraded to 10.4.9 and upgraded the kernel to the latest release according to http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=45283

I have a ATI FireGL V3100, it's a PCIe video card. It has dual outputs: a VGA one (which I'm using) and a DVI one. Here's what my system profiler says:

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5b64

Revision ID: 0x0080

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

My question is:

How do I get the video card properly set up? I read about Natit but is that still fresh and relevant? It seems to not have been updated for a while.

Thanks guys.

I ended up installing Callisto and it works. However, it still says core image and quartz extreme are not supported. Any suggestions?

New data:

FireGL V3100 (PCIE):

Chipset Model: FireGL V3100 (PCIE)

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5b64

Revision ID: 0x0080

Displays:

ENVISION EN-910e:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

callisto does not enable QE/CI its very old and only enables resolution changing.... like i said there is a natit or titan for your card....get natit it will enable QE/CI. once you have QE/CI it doesnt matter if the driver is a little old. It works and OS X has controll of your card.

edit--- ok forget my last posts..... i have an idea that worked on my sisters laptop 2 miniuets ago so i think you should try it....firt i need your device id's

ok well your lucky its not complicated... my version of natit already has your card enabled..... it adds your device ID to ATIRadeon.kext already so ill upload the version of natit i have on hand and it should be good to go.

luckily you have 0x5b641002 FireGL 3100

Ok well did it work in other versions of OS X because my 10.4.8 already has the card working without natit.......

try getting the ATIRadeon9700.kext from 10.4.6 and 10.4.8 for the FireGl 3100 uses this kext

UPDATE: ok try this kext

here how

copy to system/library/extensions

then in terminal do this

sudo chown -R root:wheel System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext

sudo chmod-R 755 System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext

diskutil repairpermissions /

then reboot.

• Like 1