wireless computers

my computer wireless crossovered by a bridge in windows to 360

will that guide help?

im confused by that, because my set up is

computer etherneted to router

wireless computers

my computer wireless crossovered by a bridge in windows to 360

will that guide help?

Can you describe your setup a little more detailed?

What model router is it?

Is this correct:

1. You have a wireless router.
  2. Your have several other computers connected using wireless (not important to problem)
  3. Your computer in question is connected through wireless to router
  4. You want to hardwire from your computer to the Xbox

Do all the computers need access to the xbox and vice versa or do you just need Internet connectivity for the xbox?

you have it pretty much down. I need this computer wired to the xbox so it'll connect to the internet through it. this works fine through windows when i go to network settings and create a network bridge with my wireless adapter and ethernet adapter. then i just plug in a crossover cable from my lan port to my 360 lan port.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the OS X firewall on? If so are TCP Port 3074 and UDP Ports 88 and 3074 opened?

Edit: Although I can't speak first hand I have read several posts that say people have had issues when using dynamic IPs and switching both the Mac and XBOX to static IPs without changing else solved the problem.

Links that might help: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/17/how-to-s...with-your-xbox/

i did everything in that joystiq guide but it still doesnt work. i think i have figured out a problem though, brb lemme investigate.

btw this is a hackintosh so there is no en0

i think my problem is that my ethernet isn't supported. it comes up as PCI ethernet instead of built in en0. I have a Intel Pro/1000 integrated lan. anyone know anything bout this?

i think my problem is that my ethernet isn't supported. it comes up as PCI ethernet instead of built in en0. I have a Intel Pro/1000 integrated lan. anyone know anything bout this?

Although I can't say for sure, you wouldn't think that should matter.

If it was tied to en0 why would you have the option to pick the interface to share?

And supposably you can do this with firewire and bluetooth also and they would never be en0 on a real mac.

well it comes up as PCI Ethernet card, so I cannot get the IP details or anything for it.

Are you saying that card doesn't work at all? If you plugged that into your router would it get an IP?

What chipset is on that card? Could be as simple as adding the driver. I have several PCI ethernet cards that worked fine once I installed the right driver.

its not a PCI card though. its integrated lan on my i945 mobo. Comes up in windows as intel pro/1000 lan

Ahhh. I had that same problem before and I'm not sure what I did that fixed it.

I had an internal that showed up as en0 and one day something happened it showed as a PCI card and en1. Of course this screwed up iTunes authorizations since they are tied into MAC addresses on en0. I ended up adding a PCI ethernet card and stopped using that.

Eventually it returned to normal, but I'm not sure if it was on a re-install some time later.

I would suggest removing all the network interfaces in the network system preferences. Close that and then backup then remove /Library/Preferences/com.apple.networkConfig.plist and /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Make sure the kext needed for your ethernet is installed and then reboot. Open network system preferences and see if it re-detects the builtin and makes it en0