iChat problem in Leopard

macguy333

5 posts in this topic

I have been using iChat in Tiger for quite a while, but once I tried it in Leopard, it did not work. It kept saying there was a connection error. I have a feeling it has something to do with my network because I took my mac (intel) over to a friends house and it worked fine at his house. I have att dsl and was wondering if anybody else encountered this type of problem. The only weird thing is that iChat works in Tiger perfectly fine with my network, but once I use Leopard, it says there is a connection error. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, AWHITEFLAME, I thought that was that problem too, but then my friend was in leopard as well and it still didnt work. I just can't figure out what the problem is, but I am starting to think the problem is with AT&T and Leopard together. So if anyone else out there has AT&T DSL and has Leopard and can use iChat without any problem, please let me know.

Thanks

I am having this problem too. When trying to initiate a video chat or screen sharing with a friend, a connection error occurs immediately when he accepts. The odd thing is, his status is still online but his webcam availability icon flashes on and off sporadically.