EverQuest

jsheppa

3 posts in this topic

I posted this on a different forum before I found this one, so sorry for the repeat

Basically, main reason I found osx86 was to get OS X running on my PC so I can play EQ on the Mac server, which is essentially a small EQ Classic server.

After I extract the .sit file, I go to run EQ. Basically, it bounces a few times in the lower menu bar and then goes away, nothing opens up.

Any ideas?

Edit: There is a free download/cd key at http://www.eqmac.com

If anyone can even try to download the .sit file, extract it, and run it to see if it's just me, I would really appreciate it.

Did a bit more digging around. Right clicked on EverQuestLP, copied out the folder Contents. The file /Contents/MacOS/EverQuestLP has a circle with a slash over it. When I try to open that, it says You cannot open the application EverQuestLP because it is not supported on this system.

x86 FATAL: gliInitializeLibrary:276: forcing crash

Jun 25 19:17:27 jack-mehoffs-computer crashdump[1438]: EverQuestLP crashed

Jun 25 19:17:27 jack-mehoffs-computer crashdump[1438]: crash report written to: /Users/jackmehoff/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/EverQuestLP.crash.log

x86 ERROR gliInitializeLibrary:276: dlopen failed: dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Resources/GLEngine.bundle/GLEngine, 6): Symbol not found: ___isnanf

Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLProgrammability.dylib

Expected in: /usr/libexec/oah/Shims/libSystem.B.dylib

x86 FATAL: gliInitializeLibrary:276: forcing crash

Jun 25 19:23:10 jack-mehoffs-computer crashdump[1451]: EverQuestLP crashed

Jun 25 19:23:11 jack-mehoffs-computer crashdump[1451]: crash report written to: /Users/jackmehoff/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/EverQuestLP.crash.log

That comes from Console while trying to run it.

FYI I am running uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 freshly installed