The best MAC mouse (not Apple's default)

13 posts in this topic

I have a Logitech MX1000 which I really like the feel and buttons and features. I do NOT like the Mac mouse, I don't like the way it fits my hand. Love the Microsoft and Logitech mice.

Is there a good MAC mouse with more buttons and a nice feel like the MS or Logitech mice? What would be a great Mac Mouse to get that is fully compatible? (My Logitech & MS mice seem to give me problems when it comes to getting all the buttons fully functional... :laser: )... maybe I am doing something wrong there though, so if there is a way to get my current mice working 100% that would be ideal! (see this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=52724&hl=)

Why does LCC suck?

But i agree, if you dont have drivers, SteerMouse is the way to go! :)

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

LCC is buggy on my end, erratic mouse behavior sometimes and it does not enable all of the extra buttons on my Logitech mice. Steermouse is the only mouse "driver/app" that I can recommend for any unsupported multi-button mouse for Mac OS X, it's a "set and forget" thing.

...much more customizable too than LCC, and you don't need to replace your current (or favorite) HID for a mac-specific product. It's a really well made and well thought out app, my Logitech mice feel useless without it installed on my OS.

I've been a Logitech MX700 fan for a long time. Have 3 of them, 2 still in use. Recently I tried the Razer Pro and just loved it. Took a while to get used to it because of the symmetrical design. The MX700 was for right hand use.

awesome, do they have something like steermouse or USB overdrive that works for keyboards? I have a Microsoft Digital Media keyboard and the only buttons recognized are the volume controls. I'd love my calculator, documents/music, favorites, play controls, etc. to all work too if possible. Anything I could get for that?

Thanks for all the great input!

I have a Logitech MX1000 which I really like the feel and buttons and features. I do NOT like the Mac mouse, I don't like the way it fits my hand. Love the Microsoft and Logitech mice.

Me too, I love my microsoft intellimouse explorer!

(My Logitech & MS mice seem to give me problems when it comes to getting all the buttons fully functional...

That's odd, i just configured the extra buttons, they work just fine! I used the extra buttons on the side for expose. Just go to expose settings and make them button 4 and 5. Does that not work for you? If not, sorry!