Installing 10.5 on BootCamp Partition

crumpet

10 posts in this topic

I've got a partition which is 15GB (which I made with BC), but what do I do next?

It won't mount or anything, and it's in MS Basic Format, which means I need to format it for OSX...

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks

Yes, you can install it without DVD. Restore the DMG on a partition (ipod, firewire HD, ...), then boot in this partition and install Leopard to your bootcamp partition.

BTW, if you can't reformat your bootcamp partition, try running disk utility from the install disk (or restored partition). This is what I did.

Yes, you can install it without DVD. Restore the DMG on a partition (ipod, firewire HD, ...), then boot in this partition and install Leopard to your bootcamp partition.

BTW, if you can't reformat your bootcamp partition, try running disk utility from the install disk (or restored partition). This is what I did.

Yep, I restored my install dvds to an external harddrive awhile ago, its really nice as it starts up a lot faster and i think it installs faster as it doesnt require any optical disks :police:.

does anyone know weather it is possible if u could restore the leopard install to a seperate partition on the internal hd?

if it helps i'm on a macintel