Burn bootable dmg from Win?

AWhiteFlame

8 posts in this topic

A friend of mine and I are interested in getting 9A466 working on his G4.

The problem is that while I have a DVD+/-RW DL on my Windows machine, he only has a DL reader in his G4.

I know that I could repartition the iPod and do that, but has anyone had any success in burning a Bootable DMG through Windows? That would simplify the entire process, as I already have DVD+R DL's sitting right here.

Thanks!

The problem is that while I have a DVD+/-RW DL on my Windows machine, he only has a DL reader in his G4.

I know that I could repartition the iPod and do that, but has anyone had any success in burning a Bootable DMG through Windows? That would simplify the entire process, as I already have DVD+R DL's sitting right here.

Thanks!

I think there may be a way to do it using a Windows software, you should find a guide in the hackintosh forums, they are supposedly aimed at people running only Windows so it should be what you need right now.

Thanks!

Try this app, i used to use it before i got my mac pro when i used windows to burn DVDs

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17721/damage-isolation

it's a pretty easy to use drag'n'drop app but it'll act like it hangs but don't worry its just a huge image file you are converting just let it sit for a bit

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey there

I have tried the method of taking a .cdr, changing it to .iso and burning it to a single layer dvd using alcohol and then imgburn. The mac is at the moment running tiger. I have so far got the mac to read the disc, - it displays the files on the disc, a few pdf files, and an executable file which leads to a screen that initiates the install process by restarting the computer. At this point it throws up an error and refuses to restart. [sorry cant remember the exact error since I last tried this a couple of weeks ago].

Basically I have burnt a few discs so far, from different image files using different burning software, and the same thing happens each time. The PC I am using is almost brand new and hasn't been near any smokers, so i assume the DVD burner is OK (I have burned music and films with it). Dunno about the state of the Macs drive, but I did clean it using a drive cleaning CD. Before I go down the route of questioning the hardware, does anyone know if there are any specific setting to use when burning the DVD other than a 1x write speed and .iso?

thanks

Andrew