After-Installation Error

jdbmac

9 posts in this topic

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. It goes to the Darwin loading then the grey screen pops up showing that it is loading. After about a minute, a circule with a line going through it appears just on top of the top of the apple. I'm using the tiger-x86-flat.img I haven't seen any reports so far that it's not a good copy. all have been saying success that i can see. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a Intel celeron M processor. Does anyone here know what the problem may be so we can get this going properly??

This has been answered a few times I believe if you search. I'll try finding you guys the link for it so you can hopefully get that worked out. Try search like I'm doing for gray apple screen and you'll find the thread, or if I find it I'll edit this with a link.

Thanks Macshiba. I was searching last night. Didn't do a search that way but went through the first 13 pages and couldn't find anything that was like that but i'll try and do a search that way. Thanks.

I'm looking still, but I can't find the thread it was on.

I don't know if it was in the threads about gray screens, but I do remember seeing it somewhere around that because with 10.4.9 mine hangs at the gray apple logo, but that symbol with the line through it doesn't show up for me, but I saw a solution someplace. I don't remember if it's because of the disk, or if it's because of the hard drive partitioning, but I think it's one of those.

I'm not too sure, I'm pretty new to the whole osx ordeal, but I'm trying to help people anyway that I can.

Edit: I found one thread, but my damn hardware just crashed for no reason, so now I can't find it again. But pretty much it said that error is because of it not being able to find your boot drive. Did you install on an SATA drive? It said it could be because of the SATA drive. I'll try finding it again. :(

Yeah, I managed to get it to install by clicking customize while installing but now after i install and reboot i get the lines of text and then the screen goes black and it restarts after a bit.