Bcmalloys Intel D945Gcl + macosx86 installation instructions

bcmalloy

3 posts in this topic

Heres the edited files and instructions I use to get macosx86 running perfectly on my rig with

the uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 dvd

Hardware

d945glc mainboard

palit gforce 7900gt

Coreduo processor

2gb ram

All works GREAT even have a divico fusion hdtv and get digital tv no problems, I've said goodbye to windows

because EVERTHING WORKS great Lan, Audio, usb, ide AND SATA. also of course gfx with all the bells amd whistles.

I installed uphuck dvd using these settings

First Partition Sata drive with Dos boot sector from the options settings using the disk utility from the dropdown menu then

install with these settings..

use uphuck intel of course

Choose universal core 2

Vga drivers

desired Utilities ect

once that is done and your running macosx86 you will notice you have no sound or network , here are the files I

use, I added the network id to the network driver this is 0X80861094 for the onboard lan and the other is an audio

driver some other champ modified.

Simply load both onto a usb memory stick or dvd drag them to your desktop FIRST then follow these instructions

1.install both ktext files by draging them to /System/Library/Extensions/ and saying yes to replace (if asked) choose authenticate and enter your password d945gcl_lan_audioktext.zip

2.Open up Terminal and type in the following

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

3.Open "Disk Utility" in utilities and click Repair Disk Permissions at the bottom

Reboot.

Completed! check audio and networking

Enjoy

Bcmalloy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey found a couple of problems after a few reboots, here is a little pack of drives

tried and tested for using this board with build os x 10.4.9

All instructions are contained in the zip

Intel945gcl_network_and_audio_osx_drivers.zip

One problem I have had with this board is while using USB M-audio transit Soundcard with ac3 output from a dvd to dolby digital amp.

The ac3 keeps dropping out, all other audio is fine and all other usb devices I have used. On other mainboards I have tested the Transit with osx works fine.

One board tested is MSI 945gm4 This board works flawlessly with osx x and happily clocks a coreduo E4300 to 2ghz giving tastey osx scores.

Enjoy

Bcmalloy