uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 won't boot from darwin bootloader

bidomo

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have this little problem

Just finishing the install and trying to boot I got this

vlc1.png

The upper options does nothing but to loop again to the same menu

The lower one tells there's no system disk and asks for a keypress, when I do this, Vista bootloader comes up, Vista option runs fine.

I was using Jas 10.4.6 before I killed it, so I was using the Chain0 bootloader from vista BCD, but either way I let Darwin to boot (set itself as default boot loader) or I choose my windows drive as main boot, Does the same thing no matter how many times I press intro over OSX86 option

My hard drive (2nd Hard drive, 20 gigs for osx and rest of 60 Gbs formated as FAT32) and partition are set to MBR, so I don't know what else could be.

Details on pc

Intel 915GV, Pentium 4 519 @ 3.06, 768 DDR2 RAM

Packs installed

Intel SSE2/3 both install and kernels, Drivers for GMA900, and some other apps.

Any help will be appreciated

.::Edit::. I've tried the dos Fdisk /mbr command to see what could happened, Vista loader is set to default again, I've tried to load OSX again, but I left the Intro key pressed for a couple seconds, I can barely read something like this:

Can't find /match kernel

how do I came to this? bad installation? any package left?

Packs installed

Intel SSE2/3 both install and kernels, Drivers for GMA900, and some other apps.

This is your problem...select only ONE kernel. Dont select more than you need. It will cause problems. If you have an intel sse2 CPU..only select that kernel. Same goes for sse3 if that's what you have.

Erase the partition and install using only the kernel you need.

Good luck....this is the same problem I had..until i kept trying adding one thing at a time until it worked.

Ok, I'm gonna try it, I've installed the 10.4.6 just like this, never though of the multiple kernel, but sounds reasonable

.::Edit::. Worked, Installed SSE3 only, first package gave me a kernel panic, but second one (newer) worked, seems a little slower than I remember but works just fine, needs some tune up

indeed the Finder works slower than before, must be the selected kernel, my P4 is supposed to support SSE3, so I don't get it...

I'll be switching kernels later