WWDC '07 Leopard-esque ShapeShifter theme

Guest Ramm

49 posts in this topic

(ShapeShifter Theme).

I was itching to see how the new transparent menubar looked in OS X, and I got really anxious, so I just made one :pirate2:. It is nothing special. There is only one real bug, it is less transparent on the right of the menubar under the time and volume and eject icons. It isn't a big deal, it still looks nice.

Safari, being it's annoying self, is not affected by this theme (even the menubar).

Screenie:

Leopard.png

Download Here

-Ramm

Hey, I just made this as a demo for what the WWDC one looked like. And I have read people reporting that the transparency is better to keep on (they have the WWDC beta).

It's just a semi-transparent PNG file as the menubar background :)

Not bad, but you need to work on the backgrounds of the icons at the top right.

Well done Ramm. :thumbsup_anim:

- Sb.

thats right people, another annoying off topic post :censored2:

and nice with the pseudo-transparency, it worked out better than i would have expected.

off topic? how was that off topic?

This theme has potentional. I like it. Just hope you can fix the problem with the icons on the right of the menubar.

I don't think that is any fault of Ramm's, if you look at any transparent theme, they all have the same problem. It's probably something that needs fixed in Shapeshifter, though it might be something even they can't fix.

Nice theme Ramm, I'd be using it but Shapeshifter has stopped letting me apply themes. :)

I tried reintalling it a couple times, along with Application Enhancer, but it still doesn't work. It keeps my registration info between installs, so has to be keeping some files, otherwise that information would disappear. Anyone know where they are loacted so I can delete them and maybe fix this problem?

I tried reintalling it a couple times, along with Application Enhancer, but it still doesn't work. It keeps my registration info between installs, so has to be keeping some files, otherwise that information would disappear. Anyone know where they are loacted so I can delete them and maybe fix this problem?

There are some ShapeShifter plist's located in ~/Library/Preferences (along with the registration one):

com.unsanity.shapeshifter.plist

com.unsanity.shapeshifter.prefpane.plist

com.unsanity.shapeshifter.poxy.plist

com.unsanity.shapeshifter.reg.plist

com.unsanity.shapeshifter.themepreview.plist

And the folder where it stores its guiKits is ~/Library/Application Support/ShapeShifter guiKits

:rolleyes:

does this fix the icon problem? and btw...i never made a theme if some of you think that. i only wanted to show him how the REAL theme looks like and it would be great if he could make an exact copy of the theme if ya'll know what i'm sayin. but he did good for now/starter ;)

I don't think that is any fault of Ramm's, if you look at any transparent theme, they all have the same problem. It's probably something that needs fixed in Shapeshifter, though it might be something even they can't fix.

Nice theme Ramm, I'd be using it but Shapeshifter has stopped letting me apply themes. :)

know what your saying. I have the same problems with trans. themes to.