Can't Erase

Barto360

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an MSI Megabook M670-043NL, but I can't seem to format with the Tubgirl iso. I have patched this iso with the new AMD Patch (So it also has Medevil SATA patch, I have a SATA drive, and without the patch it can't see my HDD), and I have made an partition in Windows XP with the instructed way (id=af). I also tried to make an partition (HFS+ Journaled) with partition magic.

Now my problem, when I click Erase in the Disk program at the OSX install menu, it then asks me if I really want to erase, and I click erase again. It then starts to think (At least my HDD light is from that moment always on) and then after 10-15 minutes it comes with an error message: The underlying task reported failure on exit. The HDD light still burns and it hasn't formatted anything. This happens also when I try to partition.

If I try to reboot after that, it still hasn't got a formatted drive.

Anybody has a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

(Oh yeah, I also tried the JaS iso, but it gives me a kernel panic almost 2 seconds after I press enter. I'm downloading the new Uphuck 1.3 now, but it downloads very slooow. But I will try that too, when it is finished)

Edit: When I try in single user mode, I get an error: IOATAController device blocking bus. I don't know, but it doesn't sound good.

Hi, I have an MSI Megabook M670-043NL, but I can't seem to format with the Tubgirl iso. I have patched this iso with the new AMD Patch (So it also has Medevil SATA patch, I have a SATA drive, and without the patch it can't see my HDD), and I have made an partition in Windows XP with the instructed way (id=af). I also tried to make an partition (HFS+ Journaled) with partition magic.

Now my problem, when I click Erase in the Disk program at the OSX install menu, it then asks me if I really want to erase, and I click erase again. It then starts to think (At least my HDD light is from that moment always on) and then after 10-15 minutes it comes with an error message: The underlying task reported failure on exit. The HDD light still burns and it hasn't formatted anything. This happens also when I try to partition.

If I try to reboot after that, it still hasn't got a formatted drive.

Anybody has a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

(Oh yeah, I also tried the JaS iso, but it gives me a kernel panic almost 2 seconds after I press enter. I'm downloading the new Uphuck 1.3 now, but it downloads very slooow. But I will try that too, when it is finished)

Edit: When I try in single user mode, I get an error: IOATAController device blocking bus. I don't know, but it doesn't sound good.

Somebody can close this topic, I have an MCP51 chipset, that sux :whistle: