Bored in the subway.

t3mur

29 posts in this topic

Dear t3mur:

The picture is very impressive. Were you able to render a whole movie or just the single frame?

How is the performance of Cinema 4D on your MacBook? I wonder what the performance would be like on OSx86 Hackbox.

--danyel :(

Guest Ramm

Isn't that just a room environment with a premade dummy? It isn't too impressive, considering those are both "drag and drop" items (they are available as shapes).

Isn't that just a room environment with a premade dummy? It isn't too impressive, considering those are both "drag and drop" items (they are available as shapes).

Try dragging & dropping and getting the same results. I don't mean to be an ass and not accept all comments, but seriously... get a life. or a mac:P

Dear t3mur:

The picture is very impressive. Were you able to render a whole movie or just the single frame?

How is the performance of Cinema 4D on your MacBook? I wonder what the performance would be like on OSx86 Hackbox.

--danyel :)

Its very fast, especially when rendering.

Guest Ramm
Try dragging & dropping and getting the same results. I don't mean to be an ass and not accept all comments, but seriously... get a life. or a mac:P

Get a life? What does me critiquing your work have anything to do with getting a life? That is just a slightly modified skeleton mesh (joints are moved), which can be instantly placed into the scene. No real modeling was required. You just added textures and rendered it.

I dont see what the big deal is about Ramm's comment he was just saying that stuff is premade. Which it is. Sure you had to pose it, but thats no where near as hard as making your very own model. Also Cinema 4d is available for PC, so why so say "get a mac?" Plus Autodesk 3ds Max is PC only and Autodesk Maya is PC/Mac is well. Now I know no one brought up the whole "Creative professionals use Macs" argument here, but I might as well say it: In the gaming industry the majority of developers all use PCs. Valve (Half Life 1 &2, Counter Strike etc) uses over 90% PCs with Windows XP. Lionhead (Fable, Black and White) is almost all PCs as well. The reason I say almost is that I cant confirm that its 100% PCs at either studio.

Anyway not trying to troll, flame, or cut from your posing job (which was pretty good) but Ramm is right and the dummy was premade.

By get a life I meant, don't try to put others down especially in a way that it makes no sense. And by get a mac i meant... well, do you have a mac? Or better yet, afford one?

Nothing special in that scene, looks good, but the dummy is premade (u just have to adjust the bones), the room are just 2 wall objects, the dummy texture is also premade, I dont know about the wall texture. When u want to critic my work pls visit pedschgo.deviantart.com. Don't expect perfect work, I'm just a student who sometimes makes a 3d thing when he gets bored....any critic is apreciated

No, I don't have a Mac. And no, at this time I can't afford one. That has nothing to do with "not having a life." I will have you know that I am an upper-middle class person and have plenty (plenty) of money to live comfortably. I just don't go around flaunting it on things I don't actually need. I have OS X on my computer, so why should I spend two grand and buy another?

And my critique made perfect sense. I don't know how someone couldn't understand it, especially the person it was directed towards. You are posting something that is going to get criticized, so you should accept comments either way, whether they are in favour or out of favour. I gave my honest opinion, and that doesn't mean that I have no life. Whether I can afford a Mac, or not, is also irrelevant. Perhaps you should think about what you are saying before you go getting on your high-horse.

Maybe these two quotes will help you "make sense" of what I was saying:

I dont see what the big deal is about Ramm's comment he was just saying that stuff is premade. Which it is. Sure you had to pose it, but thats no where near as hard as making your very own model.

Also,

Nothing special in that scene, looks good, but the dummy is premade (u just have to adjust the bones), the room are just 2 wall objects, the dummy texture is also premade, I dont know about the wall texture.

My original comment:

Sorry to be an "ass," but I think you should review what you are saying.

x T c, those are very nice! I especially like the Microsoft keyboards.

-Ramm

No, I don't have a Mac. And no, at this time I can't afford one. That has nothing to do with "not having a life." I will have you know that I am an upper-middle class person and have plenty (plenty) of money to live comfortably. I just don't go around flaunting it on things I don't actually need. I have OS X on my computer, so why should I spend two grand and buy another?

And my critique made perfect sense. I don't know how someone couldn't understand it, especially the person it was directed towards. You are posting something that is going to get criticized, so you should accept comments either way, whether they are in favour or out of favour. I gave my honest opinion, and that doesn't mean that I have no life. Whether I can afford a Mac, or not, is also irrelevant. Perhaps you should think about what you are saying before you go getting on your high-horse.

Maybe these two quotes will help you "make sense" of what I was saying:

Also,

My original comment:

Sorry to be an "ass," but I think you should review what you are saying.

x T c, those are very nice! I especially like the Microsoft keyboards.

-Ramm

Oh boy it must have taken you a lot of ram to write all of that... I got to say tho.. if it helps a little,.. I was in a very bad mood the day i replied to those comments... :whistle:

Oh boy it must have taken you a lot of ram to write all of that... I got to say tho.. if it helps a little,.. I was in a very bad mood the day i replied to those comments... ;)

I dont follow, is that a joke about Windows? Maybe Vista perhaps? Or is a pun on Ramm's screename??

Also the whole "afford a mac thing" every single mac except for the iMac (yuck!) is priced at decent, competitive prices. So sure if you go out and want to spend 400$ on a POS PC, Macs may seem expensive. But if you sit and compare the hardware you get with a mac to an equal PC, the price gap is really narrow.

Either way no hard feelings, good luck with learning to model, I have a ton of friends with that hobby :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone who thinks having a life revolves around owning a mac or being able to afford a mac obviously knows nothing.

You want critique? Don't tell people they don't have a life when they say the model you made in 10 minutes whilst you were on a train is {censored}. Because it is. Damn apple high horse mongers.

You want critique? Don't tell people they don't have a life when they say the model you made in 10 minutes whilst you were on a train is {censored}. Because it is. Damn apple high horse mongers.

Couldn't have said it better!

If you put your stuff up, you have to take the good with the bad. Just because you thought it was great work, does not mean others will think the same. To a person that has never done 3D modeling this might look awesome, but to people that have been doing some 3D stuff for some time; this has many, many problems with it.

The walls have no detail, the Light at the top left looks off, and out of place. Kinda looks like a old rusty sun. Your sig is blurry as hell.

For the High res one:

The rust at that res looks like the model just rolled around in some {censored} and then sat against a wall. I would try to make the model look more medal like, and not just a glossy chrome object.

The wall is better at this res, but it still needs more detail its just kinda blurry.

Sorry I don’t fallow suite with the other people that like this but if you new to 3D modeling and design it’s good. If you have been doing it for a bit, you need to work a bit harder.

Good luck,

Dice

p.s. I don't own a mac nor want to spend the money for one, thats why I came to this site to learn how to turn my PC into one.

The rust at that res looks like the model just rolled around in some {censored} and then sat against a wall. I would try to make the model look more medal like, and not just a glossy chrome object.

;) ;) :):hysterical:

it does look like that

By get a life I meant, don't try to put others down especially in a way that it makes no sense. And by get a mac i meant... well, do you have a mac? Or better yet, afford one?
Oh boy it must have taken you a lot of ram to write all of that... I got to say tho.. if it helps a little,.. I was in a very bad mood the day i replied to those comments... ;)

Dude... you need help.

• 2 weeks later...
Dude... you need help.

roflmao...my thought exactly...

seriously u reminds me of my 3 yr old spoiled sister...

sis: mom come see i drew a picture, is it pretty?

mom: uhm, if u can add a more little color the the flowers, and add some birdy in the sky, it's gonna look pretty.

me: man that's one ugly a piece of sh...i mean drawing

sis: SHUT UP!!! U ARE WRONG!!!

peace mon~~

ps. i've never thought of Mac as being a superior computing device than a PC....for the same price say 1500 (tower only), i can have 8 gigs of ram, 8800 GTX, over 3 gigs of processing power, over 1tb of storage space. i might not have done as much research on a Mac, but prove me wrong with fact plz. and what's $ have to do with all these? ur better cos u rich? LMAO!!! being able to afford a mac doesn't mean {censored} man. U put something premade here, people's gonna say it's premade, what'd u expect? and they all spoke of facts, and there weren't even any aggressive comments like this: you suck, u have no talent, go back to skool for 10 more years, tho it still wont help the fact that u have no talent, or stop posting amature images here. Right? did they give such harsh comment? All they did was being professional and objective. If u want some ass kissing? go somewhere else. "Afford one?" !? pfft come on man r u fvcking serious? lmao