2 parter: Video information/Settings and About This Mac

greyarea

2 posts in this topic

Jas 10.4.8 on AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM, Quadro FX1400

I've only found two other people with FX1400 cards, and they both got Titan to work first try. I couldn't after 5 tries, but MacVidia worked fine...I think. It just seems a little slow, and I wonder if I have the advance settings/capabilities for this card. I tried to check system info via About This Mac, but the GUI crashes/resets every time I click on it - not encouraging.

Would anyone know what might be causing it, and how to get around it? Also, how to turn advanced features on?

PS. Loving my hackintosh, despite a long road to get it running. Fanatic PC guy 2 years ago; experienced a crisis in faith 1 year ago (when I helped my sister buy her Mac); and converted 3 weeks ago (shortly after 'my Vista crisis'). :angel:

As I feared. When I remembered how to find the System Profiler, I got this:

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x00ce

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

FPD2185W:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Hmmm. I've seen both ce and de used in the device id. How much of a difference would that make?

The system is starting to act flaky - dmg's won't load, and none of the googled solutions has worked so far. I tried logging in a different account, and clicking on About This Computer kicked me out again.